Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By shirtz
looking for some knowledge from a speeduino user with a 1.8 mx5. hopng to get the 1.6PnP and modify it.

Ive read the MX5 install guide.

My ECU is 2 plug but I note in the comments

Update now includes setup info on 1993-1995 NA8 with 48 pin ECU:

'Setup on 1.8 engines
Wiring on the 48-pin 1.8 (NA8) models is largely identical to the 1.6 (NA6) however there are some minor differences. In addition to other points on this page, the following should be observed for 1.8 setups:
Fuel pump output pin should be set to A9
If the tacho doesn't work, set the tacho pin to 49 and add a jumper to the pins labelled 'Tach' on the board (Just above R56) If the TPS reading is fixed at full open/closed and you have a heated rear demister, you may need to remove/cut wire 2L. This should only be done in this specific case and it is unlikely to affect most cars'.

As a newb to custom ECU’s and wiring, can you explain what is involved with things like “Fuel pump output pin should be set to A9”. Ive also never worked on a circuit board, and certainly not jumped anything! Is this something that will become clear once I receive the NA6 PnP unit?

Any help with specifics on getting the NA6 unit working in my NA8 would be appreciated.

I have a wideband on the way and will buy a GM IAT. As I plan to run NA for a while until I can afford to turbo, would you recommend putting the IAT close to the air filter instead of the TB to reduce heat soak problems?

As for TPS, my understanding is that the NA8 and NB had them from factory and it's only the NA6 with the old "on/off" type. Is there a way to check this?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Matt
By shirtz
thanks for your reply theone

the wiki doesn't go into any more detail than what I posted above. without a PnP or board in front of me I cant understand what "Fuel pump output pin should be set to A9" refers too. simular to "If the tacho doesn't work, set the tacho pin to 49"

perhaps I need to search online for a video of someone building the board to understand its layout?

thanks.
By noisymime
shirtz wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:54 pm the wiki doesn't go into any more detail than what I posted above. without a PnP or board in front of me I cant understand what "Fuel pump output pin should be set to A9" refers too. simular to "If the tacho doesn't work, set the tacho pin to 49"
This is simply referring to options in the tune. For example in the Fuel Pump settings you can simply change the output pin via the dropdown:
Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 11.26.59 am.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 11.26.59 am.png (289.13 KiB) Viewed 7148 times

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?