Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By zoidberg
Hi there,
i always have multiple projects in my pipeline.
The Project after convertig the bedford to efi is to hybrid it.
I have a ME1304 PMAC Motor the fitting controller and battery. I am planning to shorten my driveshaft by the width of the belt pully which i will be using and sandwich that between the diff and the driveshaft. the Motor will be attached to the rear axle and drive the diff directly.
Now i need to tell the controller what to do, the controller speaks can and everything so i could tell the controller what to do via can or via a gpio the controller is a Hyper Drive SME ACX144.
Is there any feature in speeduino i could use for that, i want load dependent support.
I mean i could use the tps directly but that would be lame.
Maybe there is a feature in the firmware which i could use to map a 0to5v analog signal to engine load.
By dazq
Speedy firmware at the moment cannot do what you need , and the onboard canbus support is still in its infancy.
But take a look at my gpio project. It works with speedy via serial3 and can convert the signals you need into canbus for the controller.
Details in the wiki under third party boards
dazq wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:09 pm Speedy firmware at the moment cannot do what you need , and the onboard canbus support is still in its infancy.
But take a look at my gpio project. It works with speedy via serial3 and can convert the signals you need into canbus for the controller.
Details in the wiki under third party boards
Ah thanks i will take a look at that, if i'm using can, which would be extremely handy but maybe i just use 0-5v calculated from currentStatus.corrections to drive the controller, with that i map the support by the electric motor to the fuel correction which shows engine load. (at least i hope that works i will have to investigate some more)
If i use can i will have to read the same value but output that on the canbus.
By dazq
You can read all the speeduino realtime data into gpio , then manipulate that data and output it to the canbus as required.otherwise you can output digital signals based on logical functions of the real-time data.
That is cool, that means i don't have to modify the firmware on my speeduino?
first i need to finish my speeduino project then i can start with that. Luckily i have the user manual for the HyPer 9HV controller so i know what it speaks on the canbus.
hmmm i'm not really sure as i could just use the throttle position and give that to the motor controller, i could even give the motor controller the direct value of the tps but with a resistor infront to make it throttle up later than the motor. or something like that. Or i use rateOfChange or something like that to use the enrichment to determine motor load.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?