For discussion of anything related to the Speeduino documentation wiki
By PSIG
Broke4speed wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:20 pm I find the way the pin re-assignment is done is a bit confusing. In the drop-down, wouldn't it be better to use the IDC pinout #s instead of the Mega pins? Saying to move the FP output from pin 45 (Mega) to pin 7 (Mega) in order to get the FP output to come out on IDC pin 35 is VERY confusing. The original FP output is pin 45 (Mega), but it's actually pin 16 IDC? It's not user-friendly IMO.
True, it can be confusing for new users, but is done that way for some good reasons. For example, different board designs may or will have different output labeling for the same Mega pin function. So, it may be that a v0.4 board has IDC16 output, but another board may use output F38 or something. However, any board on standard code will use Mega pin 45 as FP default, whatever that connects to. ;)

David
By Broke4speed
Does the dropdown not change depending on board selection in the settings? Having the outputs labeled by pin number that the average user doesn't have access to once the mega is mounted on the PCB just seems...strange. I mean, I understand that the open-sourced-ness makes it difficult to account for every speedy PCB design, but it ultimately wouldn't have to. There are only so many boards available in TS to choose from, so renaming an output from 45 to "Fuel Pump" when using the standard choice doesn't seem like it would mess up anyone at the developer level. It would make it easier for non-devs though, IMO.

Even if it was just a change for the official PCB design, it would make it way more user-friendly, and go a long way towards bringing people into the community. I'm going to play around with some labeling later tonight. If anything, it'll be a good reason to learn more about how TS interfaces with the Speeduino.ini :).
By dazq
Broke4speed wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:08 pm Does the dropdown not change depending on board selection in the settings? Having the outputs labeled by pin number that the average user doesn't have access to once the mega is mounted on the PCB just seems...strange. I mean, I understand that the open-sourced-ness makes it difficult to account for every speedy PCB design, but it ultimately wouldn't have to. There are only so many boards available in TS to choose from, so renaming an output from 45 to "Fuel Pump" when using the standard choice doesn't seem like it would mess up anyone at the developer level. It would make it easier for non-devs though, IMO.

Even if it was just a change for the official PCB design, it would make it way more user-friendly, and go a long way towards bringing people into the community. I'm going to play around with some labeling later tonight. If anything, it'll be a good reason to learn more about how TS interfaces with the Speeduino.ini :).
This was my reasoning for using io channels on my gpio rather than pins. The pin choice is not visible to the user as it is set by the developer of the board. A end user has a set of say 8ch to choose from , amuch easier decision than choosing a pin.

I did actually propose this change to speedy a long way back, a pr was submitted to change it but it wasn't included.
By NickZ
What happened to the Trigger wiring? couldn't find that, in particular using the Diode for blocking 12v signal.
By noisymime
Just FYI, the new homepage has now gone live over at https://speeduino.com so no one should really be landing on the old wiki any more.
The old wiki will remain in place to ensure any links continue to work. Over the next week or so, redirects will be added for the old pages to point them to the equivalent page on the new wiki.
By PSIG
noisymime wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:21 pm Just FYI, the new homepage has now gone live over at https://speeduino.com so no one should really be landing on the old wiki any more.
The old wiki will remain in place to ensure any links continue to work. Over the next week or so, redirects will be added for the old pages to point them to the equivalent page on the new wiki.
What about links to the old Tuning sections? If I understand correctly, those sections will not be developed or carried-over, and the new Wiki will not contain functional tuning guidance. If so, what about the links in the Forum and Slack posts to those Wiki sections?

David

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?