Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
Another few months down and they've been some of the busiest ever for things happening in Speeduino-land!

Firstly I want to pass on a big thanks to @iLeeeZi who has contributed multiple pull requests this month for new features! Thanks also to @brunob45 and @pazi88 for their contributions as well, it's terrific to see other people starting to make some regular pull requests and things :)

This release has a HEAP of small bug fixes as well as some nice new feature additions. A huge number of issues/requests have been both submitted and resolved this month and this release is one of the most thoroughly tested ever.

The full list of of impacting changes is below:
  • Add a manual baro correction curve
  • Add idle advance control
  • Add a new MAP sampling mode ('Event average') that averages MAP readings over a single ignition event (Eg every 180 degrees for a 4 cylinder, ever 90 degrees for a V8 etc). This is intended to provide the benefits of averaging values with the higher update speed of the instantaneous mode
  • Split the idle stepper homing and max steps into 2 different variables
  • Tweaks to the closed loop algorithm to prevent 'rubber banding' with the integral value
  • Add an option to select whether the injector voltage correction applies only to the dead time or to the entire pulse width
  • Fix a possible incorrect injector pulse at very low RPM when sequential fuel is enabled
  • Fix a potential underflow issue when DFCO was used in conjunction with staged injection
  • Fix a bug where a missing tooth decoder could potentially sync on the wrong phase under certain sequential conditions
  • Fix an issue where the default nitrous pins would be disabled even if nitrous was not enabled
  • The 2D table lookup has been rewritten to improve performance as well as correctly handle 16-bit and negative values
  • Some significant performance and RAM optimisations

The update is live now on SpeedyLoader (https://github.com/speeduino/SpeedyLoad ... es/latest/) or can be downloaded from Github if you're looking to compile this yourself
As usual, if you run into any issues, please post a comment here or raise an d Issue on Github for tracking.
By PSIG
An awesome set of updates! :D One comment for users is on the manual baro correction. The cases where manual baro correction changes are the correct solution will be rare. The probability of incorrectly "fixing" a problem in primary tuning with this secondary function is high. I would simply say that users should first assume a tuning issue in other settings before even thinking about altering the baro correction. ;)

David
By lwoodward96
Looks great so far flicking through!
I've a quick question regarding the idle timing settings. As I understand it, in 'added' mode Speedy takes the target idle speed, works out the difference between that and the actual idle speed, and uses that to determine the amount of advance to add based on the table.
In 'switched' mode, Speedy just replaces the advance with that in the table based on the idle speed difference.
If I'm correct on those, which would be suggested for general use? Added seems to make more sense to me, but I don't know if I'm missing anything.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks :)
By pani
Loaded to my diy-efi core 4. Didn't touch any of the new settings. Switched MAP to even and fired up and returned home from work.Seems to idle and transition better through the rev range. Idle AFR turned out a bit richer than before ie around 14.3 I'll take a look at the rest of the functions as I go along. Definitely gonna play with the idle settings although my odle in open loop is rock solid. Thanks for all your efforts on this project. Way to go forward. More and more stuff getting added in every update.
By Ilotalo
I drove over 100 km whit new firmware today. I have strange jerk between 3500 - 4000 rpm in full throttle. I didn't have this in 201905 firmware. I change that map sample method to Event Average.

Here is log and setup.
Attachments
(34.63 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
(54.83 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
By noisymime
Ilotalo wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:41 pm I drove over 100 km whit new firmware today. I have strange jerk between 3500 - 4000 rpm in full throttle. I didn't have this in 201905 firmware. I change that map sample method to Event Average.
Can you see whether you get the same thing if you switch back to any of the other MAP sampling methods?
By Ilotalo
noisymime wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:23 pm
Ilotalo wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:41 pm I drove over 100 km whit new firmware today. I have strange jerk between 3500 - 4000 rpm in full throttle. I didn't have this in 201905 firmware. I change that map sample method to Event Average.
Can you see whether you get the same thing if you switch back to any of the other MAP sampling methods?
I just looked and there is not that kind of jerk. Several full throttle accelerations and nothing like that.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?