For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
Hello everybody,
there will be a free/open source version of this controller too. We named it BL49sp and comparing to the BL49 there is no onboard CAN. It is a small single pcb with 25x60 mm for stand-alone operation or 25x35 mm without the power supply for using it as a add-in controller. To use it as a add-in you can cut off two sides of the pcb to make it smaller if you want. Transferring the measurement to the Speeduino or any other ECU is possible via analog signal (DAC) or serial interface (TTL). There is also a PWM out to simulate a narrowband 0-1V signal or to connect one of these cheap chinese 52mm gauges with LED ring and digital display (13$ on ebay)
The development of the hardware should be finished soon and after building the first prototype i will try to adapt the nano lambda code from Alfagta to this hardware ( https://github.com/TurboCorse/LambdaCtrl )
I was also trying to convert the code to Arduino IDE. The code compiles, but this is absolutely untested at the moment.
As tooly already posted the link to github you can find any progress on this project on https://github.com/oelprinz-org/BL49SP . Any thoughts, requests or improvements are welcome
Best regards,
Chris
Attachments
schematics.jpg
schematics.jpg (190.49 KiB) Viewed 9259 times
top_b.png
top_b.png (22.44 KiB) Viewed 9259 times
bottom_b.png
bottom_b.png (17.13 KiB) Viewed 9259 times
(32.41 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Hy,

from the hardware point of view its possible for LSU Adv, for 5.2 bosch didn't release enough informations.

Software need to be adapted, LSU Adv has no trim resistor only 5 wires.
Also LSU Adv has a diffrent heater strategy.

This can be adapted easily in the firmware.

Also the Project which was on my github is arduino compatible.
Its only separated in more files, so the code is cleaner and more readable.....

Maybe chris will do the firmware changes in BL49sp from now on??
Or someone else software is since 9 months on github so feel free to play with it.
Hello Mario,
>>Maybe chris will do the firmware changes in BL49sp from now on??
i don't want to "steal" code (in this case from the nano-lambda-controller). This project started hopefully as a open-source project which ended up in a (really well designed) closed-source project (BL49). But the promises of many people here in the forum have been destroyed as a lot of them expected something open sourced at the end of the process.

In my eyes the BL49sp is the successor of the nano lambda controller from where this project started. And everybody (you encluded) is invited to have an eye on the code, improve it or extend it. The code is now available in both styles (Arduino IDE and Platformio) on the Github repository which allows to play with in both universes.
The code is NOT tested as there exists no final hardware at the moment. There is no guarantee that this controller is really working as expected, so don't try to build it at this early stage of development or at least don't be enraged if your controller won't work... ;-)

In my opinion the sources for this project (hardware and software) should be in one single repository to have all necessary information and files together. If somebody wants to build the controller he can find anything needed in one place.

Best regards,
Chris
Does the firmware take into account the water condensation phase when heating up the sensor?
Because that is why sensors are always failing so quickly... The way I see it, the controller has to make sure the exhaust is hot before applying full power to heat up the sensor... And this is not going to take 5 seconds on a cold engine for the exhaust to reach >100 deg C. Its explained here: https://ldperformance.co.uk/product/wid ... ontroller/
ldperformance wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:59 pm Does the firmware take into account the water condensation phase when heating up the sensor?
Because that is why sensors are always failing so quickly... The way I see it, the controller has to make sure the exhaust is hot before applying full power to heat up the sensor... And this is not going to take 5 seconds on a cold engine for the exhaust to reach >100 deg C. Its explained here: https://ldperformance.co.uk/product/wid ... ontroller/
Its more than that. Even without condensation you can't apply full battery voltage to the heater element when its cold, the in-rush current can crack the ceramic. Relying on PWM isn't enough - the time constant for the heater is too short.
Hi guys,
the first prototype of the 2-Layer-Board seems to be running. At the moment only basic functionality is implemented in the firmware.
All needed files to build your own device you can find at https://github.com/oelprinz-org/BL49SP.
You will need a cheap USBasp (or any similar hardware) to upload the firmware on the ATmega328P.
Precompiled firmware files and the source code you can also find on the github repository.

Any ideas oder suggestions for improvement are welcome.

Best regards
Chris
Attachments
V0.0.1_assembled.jpeg
V0.0.1_assembled.jpeg (101.38 KiB) Viewed 6722 times

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?