For general talk about the Speeduino project itself. Future plans, legal stuff, meta etc.
By danielp3344
Slack is somewhat annoying to use and a large part of the open source/free software community already uses matrix/IRC. Additionally, matrix rooms can be easily bridged to most other platforms (including slack IIRC https://matrix.org/docs/projects/bridges .) Is there any chance of a matrix room for speeduino?
By ric355
danielp3344 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:04 pm Slack is somewhat annoying to use and a large part of the open source/free software community already uses matrix/IRC. Additionally, matrix rooms can be easily bridged to most other platforms (including slack IIRC https://matrix.org/docs/projects/bridges .) Is there any chance of a matrix room for speeduino?
IMO there are too many discussion venues already and adding another will just make it even harder to find the discussions that are of interest than it already is. Can't see what is annoying about slack either. It seems fine to me.
By danielp3344
If the room is bridged between slack and matrix then matrix users appear to be using slack (and vice versa) so there are no "new" rooms created. Matrix is nice as it is fully libre, has better clients (especially for desktop) and is a more robust protocol then slack.
By danielp3344
Again, if the room is bridged you just bring all the matrix and slack users into the same room.
By danielp3344
I sold the v10 before I got to speeduino it unfortunately, the entire trans exploded (figuratively). Right now I have a 1988 pontiac firebird I'm working on though. 8-)
By PSIG
If Matix can allow you to appear in Slack, then I would say that's fine. If any info is only visible in Matrix, then I agree — that is not fine. Speeduino has a serious crippling in that there are now 5 different "official" sources for information, all separate. Worse, information to solve an issue or help someone is not cross-linked, so they cannot find the info unless they log-on and search each source. 5 sources, 5 account registrations, 5 logins, 5 searches. Good luck! :lol: Even worse, some of them like Slack have had and lost tens of thousands of informational posts, images, and graphics that now help nobody. To those involved with assisting ongoing development, or spending a lot of time and resources trying to help others, and also find information for ourselves ;) it is far beyond frustrating and like watching the Great Library of Alexandria burn — every day.

So, I hope you understand that Matrix may be an awesome solution for something, but the initial reaction you may get can be… less than enthusiastic. ;) That is, unless it simultaneously helps to solve some of the issues stated. If it can, please post that info for us.

David
By danielp3344
PSIG wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:45 pm So, I hope you understand that Matrix may be an awesome solution for something, but the initial reaction you may get can be… less than enthusiastic. ;) That is, unless it simultaneously helps to solve some of the issues stated. If it can, please post that info for us.
Well, what I can tell you is this: matrix is fully libre and federated, meaning you can run your own server that still allows all other servers you communicate with you and your rooms. You can also keep history in an organized fashion that stays around forever if you so desire. But the biggest perk of matrix is it was designed so you can use a matrix room to bridge all the other chat rooms together enabling everyone, regardless of platform, to access the room (there are links to bridges in the URL I sent earlier). I think this would be a good thing for the speeduino community in general
By LPG2CV
I think this is some sort of way of you getting kudos, or you would be mentioning this on Slack. However, Slack has marked you as such, and deleted you!

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?