For discussion of anything related to the Speeduino documentation wiki
By Rocket
There are a lot of great posts in forum why not add direct links in wiki to that? For example low current driver mode or basic distributor wiring and etc. There are function report post to review for admin, why not add report post for wiki add review. It will help for older good posts to be added. Also at current wiki pages for example in section Inputs/Outputs there are some info about injectors, low z resistor calculator link and etc but in wiring section there are also injectors section and there are other info but neither link or same info from i/o section and same for other things. I think at least links to other related info in other sections will be helpful.
By noisymime
Ideally if the info is relevant in a 'manual' type of way then it should be added directly onto the wiki itself, rather than as a link to the forum. The reason for this is that the Offline Manual (https://speeduino.com/Speeduino_manual.pdf) is built from the wiki pages and therefore can pickup the same info.

I do agree though, there is a LOT that could be moved from the forum to the wiki, and cleaned up within the wiki. It's a big time sink though, so if you're feeling like having a go at it, just let me know and I can set you up an account.
By User.Unknown
I think that is a great idea.
I would put in some time myself, however, I am yet to get my vehicle running on my Speedy and I believe there are many out there with far more understanding than myself.
If someone does take the venture to do so, please be sure to put a donate link (preferably PayPal) in the thread so I can chuck at send a $10 your way for the effort (AUD that is, probably not much to many of you though ;) )
By Rocket
noisymime wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:02 am Ideally if the info is relevant in a 'manual' type of way then it should be added directly onto the wiki itself, rather than as a link to the forum. The reason for this is that the Offline Manual (https://speeduino.com/Speeduino_manual.pdf) is built from the wiki pages and therefore can pickup the same info.

I do agree though, there is a LOT that could be moved from the forum to the wiki, and cleaned up within the wiki. It's a big time sink though, so if you're feeling like having a go at it, just let me know and I can set you up an account.
English are not my first language so I think this is main problem. But for example I can put links to these post in one topic for review or something similar.
By berthfield
Not a regular poster here but I do keep up-to-date with the happenings on the forum. I would welcome the opportunity to work with the wiki (probably the only way I can contribute).

Let me know if you would want my help.
By LPG2CV
The Wiki has definitely improved since I joined. However, it would be useful if there was a way of signaling when the various wiki sections have last been updated. Perhaps an overall date in the contents and then a date for each of the sections.

Downloading the PDF is very useful, but if you rely on it, it could be out of date.

Building boards and car specific information could perhaps have their own sections and not be in with the main run of things. Car specific could also have links to like projects and if for example, a trigger wheel pattern exists.

Bare in mind that those who know all about efi, don't need to read the wiki, its only those who need to learn that read it. Its ok to think the info is elsewhere in the net, but I don't know, what I don't know, and therefore, where to begin.

Just my two sparks worth. :)
By PSIG
That's a good question, and perhaps @noisymime can offer options. For now, each page has a notation at the bottom with the date of the last changes. As I just made some changes to the Ignition Coil section, that page shows at the bottom "This page was last edited on 27 March 2018, at 17:09." All I can suggest until other options are available, is to check the section you are dealing with in your project today, and review for any dated changes. You can click on the page history at the top to find what changed and if they apply to you. :)

An overall change date can be due to minor editing like changing "and" to "or" on some random page, so changing that main date would be difficult to do reliably for major changes, :? so I don't have a solution for that in a constantly-changing living document like the Wiki. Suggestions welcome!
[EDIT] In editing, we do have an option to select if it is a minor change or not, so hopefully we can incorporate that option into the major or 'main' date change?

David
By LPG2CV
I did notice the date at the bottom, but it was a lot of scrolling to find it on the page I was on. Perhaps it could go to the top and the format shortened to
Updated 29/Mar/2018 - 09:48

Shorter pages would also be beneficial. With a good structure, one of those (I don't know what its called!) Links that show you where you are in the structure and let's you click back as many levels you want.

I'm just doing stuff with ignition coils, so I'll read it now. :D
By PSIG
LPG2CV wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:35 amShorter pages would also be beneficial. With a good structure, one of those (I don't know what its called!) Links that show you where you are in the structure and let's you click back as many levels you want.
For some background and to answer some possible misconceptions: The structure is a bit of a hairball and changed (again) as I was about to add a large amount of content (most of the Tuning application section), making the addition useless in the new structure without a full rewrite. I don't often let things get to me, but timing was poor and I threw the new content out, so it hasn't happened. :( Without a better idea of Speeduino's future direction and control structure for everyone involved at each level; I have not found the motivation to recreate and donate all of that for unknown future uses, and have fallen-back to assisting users on the forum. With more information and confidence perhaps that will change, and while I am happy to give freely to assist users where I can, without knowing future intent I have concerns for the abuse of value I would donate to the organization—if you had any curiosity of my position and why some things are or are not progressing. I am just a user like you, and I don't get anything from Speeduino® for anything I do here.

Yes, I agree that being able to click up the structure would be very useful, and is sometimes frustrating for me that I can search for something, go there, but can't click back out through relevant sections. I don't know all of MediaWiki's options, and there's lots to do! Have you asked @noisymime for editing access or permissions?

David
By LPG2CV
Hi David

No, I've not asked for permissions. I'm not sure I have the confidence to edit web pages. I was just throwing into the pot. :idea:

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?