Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
That time again! So as mentioned in last months update, April was somewhat quieter on the firmware front than normal. Instead there has been a big focus on updating the projects documentation, which is something that has been lacking a little. Documentation is such a critical thing to any aftermarket ECU and can make or break it for many users. In the last month there have been 82 updates made to 17 different pages and many of these are now in a completed state. There is still a lot of work to be done on this, but things have come a long way and I will continue to put a focus on this over the next month.

As part of the changes, there is now also a single file version of the manual that is generated nightly form the wiki. This is still fairly rough in terms of presentation, but will improve over the next few weeks. It can be downloaded from: https://speeduino.com/Speeduino_manual.pdf

I've also spent a lot of time refining and developing some of the hardware designs. The main outcome of this is an updated version of the v0.4 series that is easier for automated assembly. As one of the most frequent questions I seem to get is when the next batch of assembled boards is going to be ready and this will greatly simplify the process.

Of course, that's not to say there wasn't a good deal of work on the firmware itself though! The main changes are:
  • Automatic dwell limiting when required. This is primarily useful on V6 and V8 engines using a single coil. As RPMs increase, there is insufficient time for full dwell, so this must be shortened to avoid timing clashes
  • Fixed a bug on the locked cranking timing that could prevent this from working as intended. Significant starting improvements on the 4g63 and basic distributor patterns from this
  • Current dwell value is now logged correctly
  • Moved to TunerStudio's 'optimised' serial comms method. This is mostly an internal change, but will allow for continued expansion without serial comms becoming a bottleneck.
  • A specific error assert has been so that an appropriate message is shown if the user tries to compile the firmware with the wrong board type chosen.
  • A bunch of small tweaks on the teensy code (Pin mappings etc)
The firmware bundle can be downloaded from: https://speeduino.com/wiki/images/b/bf/ ... _Apr17.zip
As usual, make sure to reload the latest ini into your TunerStudio project after upgrading the firmware
By ecumania
Once again thanks for the Hard Work put into this project.
I just finished an adaption of the 4G63 Decoder for my needs. It does work but with glitches.
Now that you have improved on it, I will check the changes and see the improvement.
The issue I had, was cutting out of sparks below 500 RPM.
When I have the decoder in functional order I will share it.

Hi there, I'm doing preliminary research and hope[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Where did the plugs come from? I've heard there ar[…]

Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?