For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
So i've been rambling about this on slack but figured i'll post it here as well.
I'm in the process of converting my Subaru to Speeduino, and would love a working decoder for the strange Subaru 6/7 tooth trigger. This would cover pretty much all subaru's up to 99/00 when it was changed to the 36-2-2-2 wheel.

Awesome asymmetric 6 tooth crank wheel
Cam trigger with 7 points/teeth(same as later Subies)
And the whole revolution as it unravels
By Koop
I saw that. Just a heads up on the subaru trigger. They really just can't do things normally, so they're running 1-3-2-4 firing order as opposed to normal 1-3-4-2

Edit: To clarify. I'm Alexander, just registered instead of using facebook login.
By noisymime
Koop wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:18 pm I saw that. Just a heads up on the subaru trigger. They really just can't do things normally, so they're running 1-3-2-4 firing order as opposed to normal 1-3-4-2

Edit: To clarify. I'm Alexander, just registered instead of using facebook login.
Firing order doesn't matter on the decoder as the outputs from the board ALWAYS fire 1,2,3,4. The firing order of the engine is set by how you wire up the igniters/injectors.
By PSIG
So is there a way to use missing tooth crank with a cam trigger in Dual Wheel? Missing crank teeth is grayed-out in DW. I 'm adding a cam signal to a 36-1 setup.

David
By Jcwood3
If you're still taking requests, I'd love to see a 32-2 decoder to support the Harley Twin Cam. Mine is crank only as a factory spec, though some (earlier models I think) used a Cam sensor too.
By ElDominio
I have another request, I'm going to be buying a 3000GT VR4 soon probably and of course, will go my own flavor of Speeduino; so the 6G72 pattern would help me tons if it was made!

Apparently it gives no cylinder position information, but if that's how it works from the factory then that's fine by me! lol
By noisymime
PSIG wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:51 am So is there a way to use missing tooth crank with a cam trigger in Dual Wheel? Missing crank teeth is grayed-out in DW. I 'm adding a cam signal to a 36-1 setup.
The missing tooth decoder will automatically use the cam signal if it receives it and track over 720 crank degrees, otherwise it will be limited to wasted/semi-seq over 360 degrees. This assumes a single cam pulse every 720 degrees.
By PSIG
Hmmm... that's what I thought, but I wasn't getting that response from the cam input when set to missing-tooth only. I'll set it up and try again.
David
By BeunDeHaas
We are converting a Honda GX35 to EFI using a Speeduino ECU. However, we are struggeling with the location/position of a optical encoder (for the crankshaft speed and position) to due to lack of space we have...

We found a Honda GX35 Engine Fuel Injection kit on http://www.ecotrons.com/products/honda_ ... ction_kit/ . They are using the stock flywheel and the magnet(s) on it.
"Instead of replacing the flywheel and installing a trigger wheel, the EFI kit use a Hall sensor and magnet on the flywheel as timing input for the ECU, so that ECU knows when to fire the injector and the CDI coil. On top of that, the MAP sensor will reads the pulsation pattern of the manifold pressure so that the engine phase info is obtained, and therefore the camshaft position sensor is also saved. Still the fuel injection system is fully sequential."

My question: is Speeduino compatible with this configuration? One pulsation of the hall sensor per revolation for timing input and the pulsation pattern of the MAP sensor for obtaining engine phase info.

Hope to hear from anyone soon!
MAP LOOKUP & TS DEFINITIONS

See how the write commands use the identifiers to […]

Ok, I feel so stupid. I was running the Uno output[…]

Let's all have a laugh for second. There's trash[…]

It has been done more than a few times, there was […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?