For any pieces of hardware directly related to Speeduino (ie Boards, components etc)
By cx500tc
To be honest, it really doesn't say anything other than some vendor is selling a board on ebay.
100% review rating only means no one has submitted a negative review.

One can't even really link the seller account back to you or ed... and the account is based in Israel?

Not that I have anything against those of Jewish faith... by all means blessed you will be...
...but for the sake of one's self, at least... oh never mind.

This is what I get for being agnostic.
By jsantoro
The boards on Ebay referred to are 4.1 and marked appropriately. What do they have to do with the EDC boards? Is EDC going to release the Gerbers or documentation? If not then I assume it's a separate product from Speeduino using the and really has nothing to do with this site.
By letty
the sale of these boards have nothing to do with EDC, they would have never done this. The boards in question are being sold by Benny from Israel.

from what I know, EDC already released the documentation, which is the only thing he is required to do. I have a full copy since I purchased two units from him. I should purchase the remaining units and put them on Ebay.....

Instead of all this drama which has led to nothing other than increasing EDC's sales, show what you have done and made available as a manufactured product.

There's a company in Texas that is making the 0.4 boards and selling them over the counter for $125.00 assembled.
By RichCreations
letty wrote:the sale of these boards have nothing to do with EDC, they would have never done this. The boards in question are being sold by Benny from Israel.
there is zero issue with selling boards, especially unmodified official designs, benny is well within his rights to do so, and it only helps the project.
from what I know, EDC already released the documentation, which is the only thing he is required to do. I have a full copy since I purchased two units from him. I should purchase the remaining units and put them on Ebay.....
Not publicly, and thats the problem. Also board design files, etc... All need to be public, (and not just sent to josh)
Instead of all this drama which has led to nothing other than increasing EDC's sales, show what you have done and made available as a manufactured product.

There's a company in Texas that is making the 0.4 boards and selling them over the counter for $125.00 assembled.
And what about that company in texas? See my comment about benny above...
By cx500tc
letty wrote:There's a company in Texas that is making the 0.4 boards and selling them over the counter for $125.00 assembled.
$125 isn't too bad if it includes the Arduino.

The board should be under $30, the components similar. So, $30 + $30 + $50 (for the Mega) = $110... and $15 to install components, which should take less than an hour to do, for someone with proper preparations, is about right. Sales tax and shipping not included. Bought in bulk, the board and component costs could be halved giving another $30 in profits... and I am being objective here.

But, who is providing support for this? Josh? Us in the forums? Letty?

This kind of thing is why I have not offered anything I may have designed for sale, but have posted what schematics and board layout (Eagle-based) files I have. I'm here for the fun, entertainment, and offering what little knowledge I have; there is no profit in anything I have done. Were I to offer something, the files would be hosted HERE, on the forums and costs would be clearly established and agreed upon by all parties involved. I offered a few MAX9926 chips I had laying around, and shipped them at my own cost, and do not expect anything in return other than maybe some future sharing of knowledge. If those people choose to give something back to me, something more tangible, that is their decision.

I believe "fair is fair" and expect little else from anyone else.
By RichCreations
letty wrote:The Texas boards are being sold but don't know about support, I don't believe these guys though about it.
Since it is an "official" board design, there is no unique support required, it is when you make a derivative product, that things become more complex, I.E. the derivative product must be shared the same as the official, including design files, documentation, etc...
Dear Friends,

Benny from Israel that selling boards in Ebay store, That is me.

I'm very proud and happy to sell the boards!
No one sold this boards in this price before, Speeduino 0.4.1v PCB board + VR Conditioner v2 for 14$ Free shipping!

I'm trying hard to give good service for my costumer (Even go to the Post office for one board, just to ship it within next),My feedback rate in Ebay tells it well.

I want to wish EDC and Letty good luck with it's project.

Letty,
Like everybody I also want the documents of this project, if you can't provide them, please don't do It here.
It's like I will start to sell and promote here Megasquirt systems in this forum.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?