For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By PSIG
I suppose the other way to look at it, is that ignition timing control should not be worse than it was as-stock (accuracy), but will be better for it's ability to run whatever timing the engine needs for best efficiency, power and torque with tuning. So, if it gets you going for now you could run the VR wires into a GM module to condition the VR signal, and trigger the module output with Speeduino. Same basic setup MS would use with a GM 7 or 8-pin. I am hoping to set-up a lot of distributor-triggered ignitions with only one pulse-per cylinder in classic car conversions; so it has to control timing at least as well as stock in Basic Distributor mode.
:!:
David
By cx500tc
PSIG wrote:....
I am hoping to set-up a lot of distributor-triggered ignitions with only one pulse-per cylinder in classic car conversions; so it has to control timing at least as well as stock in Basic Distributor mode.
:!:
David
Toyota did in in the late 80's-early 90's: My 22RE's have one tooth per cylinder. Chrysler did it in the mid 80's too: my '84 2.2L Turbo I "Laser" had a 'flying' window trigger in the distributor- one 45 degree wide 'tooth' per cylinder. I'm sure others did it too.

A thing to consider is that although there may be only as many teeth as there are cylinders, there's both rising and falling edges to both signals, or in the case of VR sensors, two 0 volt crossings.

I totally miss that Laser with its auto trans- totally kicked my friends '89 Daytona Turbo Z 5 speed up to about 100 MPH.
By noisymime
cx500tc wrote: A thing to consider is that although there may be only as many teeth as there are cylinders, there's both rising and falling edges to both signals, or in the case of VR sensors, two 0 volt crossings.
Whilst this is true, it's dependant on the teeth being a known and consistent width. Not saying it's the case here, but I've see a few distributor setups where the OEM ever used the leading edge and the actual tooth width varied between models.
By cx500tc
noisymime wrote:
cx500tc wrote: A thing to consider is that although there may be only as many teeth as there are cylinders, there's both rising and falling edges to both signals, or in the case of VR sensors, two 0 volt crossings.
Whilst this is true, it's dependant on the teeth being a known and consistent width. Not saying it's the case here, but I've see a few distributor setups where the OEM ever used the leading edge and the actual tooth width varied between models.
My '91 22RE distributor reluctor is like:

It also uses a VR sensor so that may account for a few things. The voltage induced will rise, peak, transition to negative voltage and rise again in a rather consistent sinusoid pattern.
By PSIG
noisymime wrote:
True, and an example would be the Ford TFI, with both non-sequential (even tooth/gap width) and sequential with one tooth narrower (or wider gap) for signifying cylinder #1. Effectively similar to a missing-tooth wheel, but at 720°, so it's a cam signal. Used on millions of engines worldwide for 20 years on 4/6/8-cyl, it would be a strong candidate for a decoder, and in-fact I will most certainly be needing it in the future. Chalk that up as a request. ;)

David
By noisymime
alexander.malerbakken wrote:I'm in the process of purchasing speeduino for my Subaru, any support for the 36-2-2-2 subaru trigger?
Someone was asking about this on Slack just the other day. It will likely be completed for the February firmware.
By PSIG
There are two 36-2-2-2 patterns on Ardu-Stim already, which may help for decoding and later simulating, and should also be identified in documentation for which OEM makes and engines use them.
David
By ecumania
If this Issue is still present?
I may have a need for a new decoder Pattern.
At the present I work on the stimulator to put the pattern out.
It is two Hall Sensors and two Slots in a Triggerwheel.
The Pattern is as follow.

000 010 020 030 040 050 060 070 080 090 100 110 120 130 140 150 160 170 180
------------
------ -----------
180 190 200 210 220 230 240 250 260 270 280 290 300 310 320 330 340 350 360
------------
- ------

Hall 1 000 Deg High, 028 Deg Low 184 Deg High, 214 Deg Low
Hall 2 156 Deg High, 184 Deg Low 342 Deg High, 010 Deg Low
Overlap 56 and 46

Does this make sense?
I have not managed yet to get the output from the scope with two channels for better visualisation.
Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I checked and my sensor is not loose. Trigger whee[…]

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?