For discussion of anything related to the Speeduino documentation wiki
By PSIG
Looks good. My thoughts are that the MAX9926 can theoretically take any input, including coil (-) and magneto if the shunt is in, making the opto or other alternative circuits unnecessary. Chips such as the LM1815 cannot take square waves well, and other circuits cannot take VR well, but the MAX seems to be able to do them all with its added brain power. My thinking is to prove real-world function in all these modes, and designate it as the "standard" input, with jumper setup instructions for common configurations. Sort-of a "If you're not sure or may change, use this, and do that." Then, list other specific input alternatives as exactly that, on an alternative inputs page. Provide direct links to schematics and BOMs on each.
David
By cx500tc
I would change this sentence:
"The board can take either a single VR signal input or one for both the cam and crank."
...to...
"The board can provide for both a VR signal input for the crankshaft position and a VR signal input for the camshaft."

Also, it'd be nice if the board were designed such that the 'active' configuration were mounted at the top of the board so that when showing VR conditioning, that is what you'd see when looking at it when installed. I mean it seems rather odd to show a picture of the module installed but none of the real, actual component are visible. Maybe I'm nitpicking but I'm the visual type, too.
By PSIG
WIKI updated to include module availability, and some sensor and wheel config info HERE. Also added wasted-spark diagram to ignition output section.

David
By noisymime
PSIG wrote:WIKI updated to include module availability, and some sensor and wheel config info HERE. Also added wasted-spark diagram to ignition output section.
Looks good, thanks!

Do your thing, and I'll leave you to it, but your […]

Plugs, where to get?

Connector #003: Arduino Pin-Header 2.54mm spac[…]

http://i.imgur.com/jcGk3A4.gif

Always going to be one, I have completed 3 convers[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?