For discussion of anything related to the Speeduino documentation wiki
By PSIG
OK, I added a section to Connecting to TunerStudio, as that's the only place I felt it could go without changing the table of contents (which I am not authorized to do). However, it is not a TS-only option. Check it out here, and fire away with corrections, suggestions, or other input. Post something so I know if people read this forum section . . .

David
By berthfield
I have never used one of these modules before, however, I can confirm that holding the Arduino's processor in reset will allow it to function as a USB-TTL converter. It is common for this to be done while performing a "loop-back test" on the Arduino to test the Computer-to-Arduino communication.
By PSIG
berthfield wrote:... I can confirm that holding the Arduino's processor in reset will allow it to function as a USB-TTL converter. ...
Great! Thanks for the feedback. Now I just need to figure-out what I'm doing wrong, as I've tried it with three Megas and one UNO with no luck on different BT modules. The USB-TTL converter module works fine, so it must be something simple I'm missing.
David
By PSIG
Alright, so I finally found what I was doing wrong, that only one reference clearly indicated (and I listed in the Wiki) as it is counter-intuitive. Oddly enough, the Tx and Rx connections are reversed again (un-reversed?) and are Tx-to-Tx and Rx-to-Rx only while using an Arduino to program Bluetooth. With other adapters and when the BT is operating, the connections are Tx-Rx and Rx-Tx, as usual. Weird, but it works!

I also added some images and changed wording for clarification. Thanks again for the feedback.
:D
David
By plazomat
PSIG - great work, you may want to add instructions for programming the BT module in the post. I remember it was a bit of digging to get mine set up for the first time - step by step for users would go along way..I remember using an Arduino uno sketch that did most of the heavy lifting..

PLAZ
By PSIG
Thanks, Plaz. Do you mean more specific than the reprogramming info in the BT reprogramming section? I thought about doing an actual example, but I prefer the little USB/TTL module over Arduino and have old Windows, so I made it specific except for the OS-dependent serial interface you might use. We could do a few examples, but someone would have to donate examples using other systems for me. Would that be worthwhile?
:?:
David
By LPG2CV
Hi :)
Is the reason for the 4.4 board having the program/run switch, to make direct or crossover connections for Tx and Rx?

Cheers
By noisymime
LPG2CV wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:27 pm Hi :)
Is the reason for the 4.4 board having the program/run switch, to make direct or crossover connections for Tx and Rx?
You know you're the first person to ever ask the function of that switch :D

The INTENDED function is to disable the auto-reset that the arduino performs when the serial connection is started. That way if you're getting resets when you're trying to log or tune, you can flick the switch the Run and the arduino won't reset. Unfortunately it's not working reliably on the boards that have it so far. I suspect it's an easy fix (Removing one of the diodes), but I haven't yet confirmed this.

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?