For general talk about the Speeduino project itself. Future plans, legal stuff, meta etc.
By cx500tc
PSIG wrote:
cygnus x-1 wrote:In fact, some amount of mystery as to what a symbol represents might even be a good thing. When you see a neat looking symbol that you can't identify, it makes you curious about what it is. This curiosity then drives you to find out more about it.
Perhaps, but a primary design consideration in most marketing is identification. Perhaps not others, but I tend to follow the statistics and I don't research something I don't relate to, as it could be a makeup company or a fertilizer supply. We see hundreds of logos a day we don't recognize—and don't care. But, if I see something that gives me the impression of "car" or "EFI" or "engine", I'm whipping my Android right out. Not because it's cool looking, or if I would ever care to recognize it again, but because it signifies something that is or could be of direct interest to me. The coolest-looking diaper logo means crap to me. Literally. :lol: So, I'm still with noisymime's first example for those reasons. Dress it up and make it sexy if desired, to get the greatest benefit for Speeduino.

David
Well, produce some style with substance, ;)
By Old Grey
It doesn't look like anyone uses a part as an identifier.

The Duino sells it to the Electronic guys, and Engine Management System sells it to the uninformed, so no need for and injector/spark plug logo.

I know first hand what a logo can do because we had a cool logo, and the general public thought we knew what were doing. I used to get lots of compliments for my cool website selling the business.
By Jansun
noisymime wrote:Image

Given the above logo is currently looking quite popular, keep in mind that one of the criteria is that there is a version that works in 2 colours (ie B&W). If you were to convert this one to B&W as is, you'd lose the S and P at the beginning.
I like the horizontal lines, in it indicates speed
By klotzy_550
evo_lucian wrote:Image

Perhaps this one with the effect at the back of it to indicate its moving "fast" = ///SPEEDUINO
I was going to suggest the same thing, perhaps by splitting that parallelogram into smaller parallelograms
By cx500tc
klotzy_550 wrote:

Perhaps this one with the effect at the back of it to indicate its moving "fast" = ///SPEEDUINO
I was going to suggest the same thing, perhaps by splitting that parallelogram into smaller parallelograms
I was thinking similar.
Maybe start off thin, then thicker as they progress to the right; maybe 4 segments in total- thin, thicker, thicker, thickest.
By cygnus x-1
cx500tc wrote:
klotzy_550 wrote:

I was thinking similar.
Maybe start off thin, then thicker as they progress to the right; maybe 4 segments in total- thin, thicker, thicker, thickest.

Like this? (Except not for Autozone)

C|
By cygnus x-1
PSIG wrote:Perhaps, but a primary design consideration in most marketing is identification. Perhaps not others, but I tend to follow the statistics and I don't research something I don't relate to, as it could be a makeup company or a fertilizer supply. We see hundreds of logos a day we don't recognize—and don't care. But, if I see something that gives me the impression of "car" or "EFI" or "engine", I'm whipping my Android right out. Not because it's cool looking, or if I would ever care to recognize it again, but because it signifies something that is or could be of direct interest to me. The coolest-looking diaper logo means crap to me. Literally. :lol: So, I'm still with noisymime's first example for those reasons. Dress it up and make it sexy if desired, to get the greatest benefit for Speeduino.

David

True, it does need to at least look automotive in nature. But that could be as simple as having it look sort of like other automotive logos. Not copying them but using some of the same visual cues, like the aforementioned speed bars in the Autozone logo above.
Certainly if a picture/likeness of an injector or engine or something could be worked in that would be even better.

I would submit something if I didn't have negative artistic talent. :?

C|

Always going to be one, I have completed 3 convers[…]

Do i have to do something in arduino software ? i […]

STM32 development

Not yet, I have been too busy to look into it but […]

Hola a todos Actualizo!!! Me es grato comunicaros[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?