For anything not related to Speeduino, but still about car/bike/boat/engines etc
By BryanSouza
noisymime wrote:Just chipping in with some (barely) relevant experience. I'm actually really surprised to see that the Mini used a 2.13 ratio stock! I had an M45 (Though from a Merc rather than a Mini) on a 1.6 at one point and was only running a 1.8 ratio with it due to the serious heat it started putting out beyond that.
That is quite a fast ratio, I thought that as well but then again I had no reference. Thanks PSIG

noisymime wrote: I know they're rated for 16000rpm, but as the compressor map shows, they're really dipping into some low efficiency areas above even 11000rpm.
What charge cooling do you plan to use?
I plan to use water methanol injection. By the time summer rolls 'round I'll have a water mist spraying the intercooler. Already have colder plugs. Tempted to go 2 steps colder but not sure if it will even benefit(more deposits). Need to figure out a CAI

PSIG wrote:Just dropping these M45 and M62 inlet flow charts for reference. In-return, if anyone has good maps and charts for my M112, I would appreciate it. The ones at Eaton are fudged thumbnails that I can find. Thanks!

David
I'll try to dig something up.
By KLAS
for cooling the intercooler i would also think about CO2, there are some systems readily available. but quite easy to build yourself, too.

and if you think about using a differend charger, i would look at Eatons TVS series, or a Lysholm screw type one. much higher efficiency than the M series
By BryanSouza
So after researching my options some more I'm settling on the Lingenfelter Performance Engineering CTS-V VariMax Intercooler Pump Upgrade Kit L330030709. Summit Racing seems to have the best price.

I will be able to use it in a constant on mode until I am able to build a simple controller. Ideas welcome here.

PDF data sheet

Any input appreciated.
By PSIG
Lingenfelter is good, and they charge like they really know it. ;) There are lots of options for circulation pumps. While you don't need anywhere the flow for a supercharged LS V8 like that, you can get more flow in a high-quality pump for less, such as the Davies Craig EBP40 brushless and magnetic drive at over 10GPM. :shock: A quick look found them in several places in the US, such as this ad (don't know the seller): Davies Craig EBP40 Info: Davies Craig AU There are several more options even less expensive if you are after a higher-flow pump for some reason. Remember that while you can't really pump too fast, a more powerful pump only moves the water quicker, but does not add to the cooling capacity.
David
By dazq
How about oem used cwa50?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/2009-up-Pierburg- ... nav=SEARCH

CWA 50 . Circulation pump, 50W , 6000 rpm, 24 lpm @ 0.60 bar
The CWA 50 is used as a charge cooler pump on the BMW V8TT engine among others and will run on the teco control
CWA50 is used in MANY VW/Audi/BMW Cars, part numbers are:

Audi Partnumber: 8K0965567
Pierburg: 7.06033.15.0 but seen it with different numbers then "06033".

BMW Partnumber 11517566335
Pierburg: 7.06033.16.0 but seen it with different numbers then "06033".

VW 7P0965567
Pierburg: 7.06033.31.0 but seen it with different numbers then "06033".
By BryanSouza
PSIG wrote:Lingenfelter is good, and they charge like they really know it. ;) There are lots of options for circulation pumps. While you don't need anywhere the flow for a supercharged LS V8 like that, you can get more flow in a high-quality pump for less, such as the Davies Craig EBP40 brushless and magnetic drive at over 10GPM. :shock: A quick look found them in several places in the US, such as this ad (don't know the seller): Davies Craig EBP40 Info: Davies Craig AU There are several more options even less expensive if you are after a higher-flow pump for some reason. Remember that while you can't really pump too fast, a more powerful pump only moves the water quicker, but does not add to the cooling capacity.
David
David, I followed your links and the Davies Craig is $216 the Lingenfelter is $240 and the specs are near identical. Am I missing something? Haha :?:

In the MINI Cooper community Davies Craig pumps have mixed reviews. Main issue being the engine bay has an abundance of heat due to the massive lack of space. Causing the plastic pump housing to crack at a seam and leak. I am concerned about that issue with the Varimax however I'm going to try to mount it somewhere closer to fresh airflow.

I guess I'm hoping to get what I pay for in respect to reliability.

The Varimax is designed as an OEM upgrade for the W/A Intercooler system on the CTS-V/ZL1/ZR1.
dazq wrote:How about oem used cwa50?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/2009-up-Pierburg- ... nav=SEARCH

CWA 50 . Circulation pump, 50W , 6000 rpm, 24 lpm @ 0.60 bar
The CWA 50 is used as a charge cooler pump on the BMW V8TT engine among others and will run on the teco control
CWA50 is used in MANY VW/Audi/BMW Cars, part numbers are:

Audi Partnumber: 8K0965567
Pierburg: 7.06033.15.0 but seen it with different numbers then "06033".

BMW Partnumber 11517566335
Pierburg: 7.06033.16.0 but seen it with different numbers then "06033".

VW 7P0965567
Pierburg: 7.06033.31.0 but seen it with different numbers then "06033".

I have considered the cwa50. This is a preventative upgrade so I'm leaning towards a new pump just for the longevity and peace of mind. I think that is probably the highest quality/most engineered pump option I have however new those are like $4-500. The teco controller is ~$200 I believe, I should be able to build my own for cheaper than that.
By ryan_pajero-io
PSIG wrote:Just dropping these M45 and M62 inlet flow charts for reference. In-return, if anyone has good maps and charts for my M112, I would appreciate it. The ones at Eaton are fudged thumbnails that I can find. Thanks!

David
EatonM45flow.gif
EatonM62flow.gif
i have the M112 map but i don't know how to upload . so could you give me your email address?
By PSIG
ryan_pajero-io wrote:i have the M112 map but i don't know how to upload . so could you give me your email address?
Thank you! Berthfield sent me an M112 map, but I would like to see yours for any differences or type. As a new member you need a few more posts before you can PM me or post images (anti-SPAM system requirement), but when you do, please post them up here or PM them to me. Thanks again!
:D
David
By ryan_pajero-io
PSIG wrote:
ryan_pajero-io wrote:i have the M112 map but i don't know how to upload . so could you give me your email address?
Thank you! Berthfield sent me an M112 map, but I would like to see yours for any differences or type. As a new member you need a few more posts before you can PM me or post images (anti-SPAM system requirement), but when you do, please post them up here or PM them to me. Thanks again!
:D
David

there is
i hope it will help you
By PSIG
Thanks, Ryan! The M112 is very similar is size, and much less expensive for used/takeoffs, so I'm surprised M90 users aren't fabbing swaps instead of over-driving the M90.

David

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?