My name is Benny and I was exposed to this project few months ago.
Let's say that before this project I never knew nothing about electronics parts,I learn this project but in the bad way.
I ordered from "Electrical Design Concepts the" the full kit for 125$ + 10$ for the 0.4 board (price with out shipment).
first of all this kit is not include (they say it in the web site):
Ic4 - OLAD
DRV8825 - optional mounting point has been added for running stepper based idle motors (Eg https://www.pololu.com/product/2133)
Map sensor - MPX4250AP-ND
In first shipment I got the wrong items, in the second shipment i got missing parts.
The supplier offered to send the missing parts by USPS and I refuse to get it from USPS because I didn't want to wait another 2-3 weeks. I placed the order in 11th,March, if I was agree for his offer I need to wait for the rest of the parts until 5th may. so I refused and asked for my money back from Paypal, (This case is still running).
For make easier life for the forum users I shared a cart in Digi-key website.
- comes with Arduino Mega (on digi-key it cost 52$~, you can buy it on aliexpress up to 10$ http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?cat ... =mega+2560)
- comes with Hammand Manufacturing case (http://www.hammondmfg.com/1455.htm)
- comes with IC4 component for OLAD output
- comes with Map sensor
- work with responsible company
- cheaper (just for compare: if you will order the same parts From Digi-key instead "Electrical Design Concepts" it will cost you 52$)
- You still need to buy speeduino board separately (dose not come in EDC the kit)
- You still need to buy DVR8825 separately (dose not come in EDC the kit) - optional
Just to make the math for you.
This all project can cost you 115$~ (without shipping costs) and it will include all the parts that you need.
- All the electronic components
- Map sensor
- Case for the boards
- Arduino Mega
What you will need to do is:
1. You can order the Speeduino 0.4v board and the VR conditioner from me,
just hit me here, PM or email me to email@example.com
2. Enter the cart that I did in Digi-key - http://www.digikey.com/short/3jrbvt
you can buy the Arduino mega in Aliexpress and it will cost you 40$ less.
3. If you have problem with getting the VR, you can order it from here. http://www.jbperf.com/dual_VR/v2_1.html#Buy
In worst case, Totally you will pay the same price but you will have more thing that not include in the kits. (Arduino mega, Map sensor,Case,DVR8825 for step motor and IC4 component for OLED output)
If there is a cheaper or cost-value way to make this project works, I will loved to here.
I hope that I helped you.