For any pieces of hardware directly related to Speeduino (ie Boards, components etc)
By edc_atl
There are a small group of people on this forum, that do not stop to read or evaluate facts before promoting true or untrue comments. The fact is, this is a very nice and well engineered unit that helps people get their project online fast, without extensive work or having to re-invent the wheel. Not taking anything from the original project, but we repair a few customer units that failed every month.

There are 4-channels of ignition on board via TC4424 SMT units (see pic). So even if you just get the board after we add the connectors, 2 capacitors and one diode, and don't add any of the other components, you can still run your ignition, your crank trigger and all your sensors. For the price, you get a running board that's ready to be installed and ready to talk to TunerStudio.

Letty bought a Level 3 (fully populated) board for her Falcon, which her husband was supposed to test and post a write up on one week ago.

There are only a few left in stock from the August production run, no other production run has been scheduled.
Attachments
MK1_Ignition.jpg
MK1_Ignition.jpg (133.65 KiB) Viewed 5915 times
By higgy
There are a small group of people on this forum, that do not stop to read or evaluate facts before promoting true or untrue comments.

No there are not
The fault lies in your corner.

Your lack of detailed documentation in fact totally wrong documentation is the "only " issue

The quality of your products looks to be first class.
I have to say it really looks nice. I didn't see a TAPR logo screen printed on the board on any of the pics you posted. Will you be releasing the eagle files for this board? If you are, can you post the link to them, please.
By letty
higgy wrote:
There are a small group of people on this forum, that do not stop to read or evaluate facts before promoting true or untrue comments.

No there are not

Your lack of detailed documentation in fact totally wrong documentation is the "only " issue

There are opinions on this and yes there are a few people that fit the bill. Fact is all his manufactured products are first class and he does have a link to all product doc's which only registered members get.

All of the negative activity posted gained nothing other than getting a very good product discontinued. This will restrict revenue being tribute back to the main source (noisymime) to further the project. I got my new MK1, I hooked up 12V and USB to laptop with TS, worked off the bat in less than 10 minutes. It's now running my Falcon 6-cyl with all his gear.

There was a problem there, it was solved and now it's time to move on. I'm actually amazed that after all the crap said and the sum of what happened, he still continued with the board design and manufacturing.

I would not!
By cx500tc
letty wrote: ... all his manufactured products are first class and he does have a link to all product doc's which only registered members get....
Open source is open source, no? What are the license terms for Speeduino?

Does requiring "registration" restrict the license under which Speeduino and its derivatives are required to conform to?

Be very careful with what you do or say next....

Logic, and license states derivative works will be available, freely. You are more than welcome to charge for 'support', but not for access to drawings, diagrams and similar.
Last edited by cx500tc on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
By RichCreations
letty wrote:
higgy wrote:

No there are not

There are opinions on this and yes there are a few people that fit the bill. Fact is all his manufactured products are first class and he does have a link to all product doc's which only registered members get.

All of the negative activity posted gained nothing other than getting a very good product discontinued. This will restrict revenue being tribute back to the main source (noisymime) to further the project. I got my new MK1, I hooked up 12V and USB to laptop with TS, worked off the bat in less than 10 minutes. It's now running my Falcon 6-cyl with all his gear.

There was a problem there, it was solved and now it's time to move on. I'm actually amazed that after all the crap said and the sum of what happened, he still continued with the board design and manufacturing.

I would not!
Are you really an alter ego of Juan?
By letty
No Alter Ego, just a good customer that appreciates effort.

Last time I checked, the website refers the Speeduino project back to this site for information. His products have a link that you can download software and schematics. It is a private link on Dropbox, I checked and I believe only EDC designed stuff is there.
By edc_atl
The site has stored all of our EDC designed equipment, nothing else.

Speeduino is not EDC designed equipment, therefore people are referred to the website where original information is at. This is not because we are trying to be difficult, we are actually subscribed members and following TAPR guidelines as they appear on their website.

Evaluate the following from the TAPR website:

* You may modify the documentation and make products based upon it.

EDC in fact did this and created a very good product that is on its way to the original designer for evaluation.

* You may use products for any legal purpose without limitation.

We are in the process of doing that.

* You may distribute unmodified documentation, but you must include the complete package as you received it.

People are publicly being referred from our website to the website where information is at.

* You may distribute products you make to third parties, if you either include the documentation on which the product is based, or make it available without charge for at least three years to anyone who requests it.

This has never been a problem, we provide the site where the documentation on which the product is based located.

* Attempt to send the modified documentation by email to any of the developers who have provided their email address. This is a good faith obligation -- if the email fails, you need do nothing more and may go on with your distribution.

We have already done that for the MK1 and other Speeduino based products. Josh was given our generated artwork and he will decide whether or not to post

Our distribution network is considered small but a substantial world wide footprint. So our idea is to sell and distribute the product through our network, after it has been approved by Josh. This will generate revenue that will maintain the project going at a better rate.

Letty is one of our distributors with a very very profitable Ebay Store.

I think possible reasons for that would be: 1) loo[…]

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?