For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By HugoW
Hi,

on my 2004 10.8 VVT MX5 (Miata) engine, there is a 2 pin idle control valve. One pin gets 12V, the other is connected to pin 37 of my Speeduino 0.4.4 board as it should. I measured the connections, they are correct. But the valve does not operate. Now I suspect there is something wrong in pin numbering, but I don't know what to do.

On the schematic, pin 37 of the board connects to CPU-D7 of the Arduino Mega. In the V04 wiki it says Idle 1 is IDC pin 37, Arduino Mega pin 5. In the I/O summary in TunerStudio is says the idleUpPin is 36. And it's greyed out, I cannot change it. So I need to change the pin numbers somewhere, but where (and therfore to what) I cannot figure out.

Cheers,

Hugo
By PSIG
HugoW wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:33 pm… On the schematic, pin 37 of the board connects to CPU-D7 of the Arduino Mega. In the V04 wiki it says Idle 1 is IDC pin 37, Arduino Mega pin 5.
Hugo, check the schematic again. The Wiki is correct. CPU-D7 is Boost. ;) Verify Idle control is assigned to pin 5 in TS. Otherwise, you may have another settings or values issue. Worst-case or to verify, use your meter or 'scope on IDC37 to V+ for verification it's outputting ground from Speedy as you expect. If good, verify again at the IAC connector for wiring tests.
HugoW wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:33 pmIn the I/O summary in TunerStudio is says the idleUpPin is 36. And it's greyed out, I cannot change it.
One thing at-a-time. The IdleUpPin is an input to command Speeduino that you want an idle-up function to happen on your IdleOut. It does not relate to the IdleOut issue you are having. Yet. The greyed-out condition indicates a settings issue, which you can check after you solve your IdleOut issue.
By HugoW
Hmmm, that's weird. IdleUp is the only idle-mentioning I/O in the I/O summary in TunerStudio. I have Speeduino release 2020.05, I just saw there is an 08 version so I'll update, but I doubt that will make a big difference. It just seems TunerStudio does not realise the Speeduino has an output for the idle control valve. I feel I need to enable it somewhere, but I haven't found it yet. I did find how to add custom output channels in TS, but those can only be related to inputs.

Cheers,

Hugo
Attachments
IOSummary.PNG
IOSummary.PNG (45.99 KiB) Viewed 5063 times
By theonewithin
Check TS again...

There is an entire section just for idle control...

It's been there for years on Speeduino so no need to update (other than the fact that the latest release is a MAJOR change so you really should be on it especially if on a new setup).
By HugoW
Thanks for the reply. All I can find is this, see attachment. I see no way to check / change pins there.

Hugo
Attachments
IdleControlSettings.PNG
IdleControlSettings.PNG (48.59 KiB) Viewed 5042 times
By theonewithin
Sorry it's hard to understand what your actual issue is...

If you want to change the pin you have to customise the firmware.

You are using a default board. The default will work.

You don't have to enable it or anything. It will just work as long as you set the settings correctly.

If it doesn't work then either....

Your Arduino is faulty.

Your board is faulty.

Or you are doing it wrong.

A quick check of the schematic will help you confirm.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?