For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By tobbera
I'm carefully trying to start up my three cylinder, four stroke machine with Speeduino. I have set the Trigger Angle (Dec) setting with a mark on the crank and strobe light. But this is a hand drawn mark on a very small diameter crank (about 40mm diameter), so not very precise. When checking the timing I have set cranking and fixed timing to "0" degrees. I came to the conclusion that my Trigger Angle (Dec) setting should be 31.

When applying some fuel in the required fuel field, the engine starts to cough and there is definitely something going on in there. But after a second or two on the starter the engine kicks back and stalls the starter. It makes me very anxious as I do not want to wreck my starter gearing.

I have tried to change the Trigger Angle (Dec) setting from 31 to 21 to 11 to 1 in an effort to back off the ignition, but cant see that it helps.

I understand that its hard for anyone to help out on a vague issue like this, but maybe someone can point out something that I can have gotten the wring way around.

Thanks!
By theonewithin
Remove spark plugs. Disable fuel. Check timing with plug in coil 1 grounded to engine.

Do this to check timing. It will get your close.

If you still have issues then either your mark is no good or a setup issue.
By PSIG
OK, so I don't know how you have it wired-up, but you have 6-cyl selected, yet sequential ignition? I would think you want wasted-spark to each coil, so it fires twice per cycle, per-cylinder. 3 coils on 3 cylinders, spark not shared, but required to get sparks at each correct TDC with the 6-cyl setting. Is that making sense by your settings and wiring? Perhaps 'scope or analyze your spark outputs (while cranking, coils disconnected) in order to verify spark sequencing and timing.

David
By gtrmonte
Any time I see the starter getting stalled when trying to start, the spark has been firing too early. Causes combustion before the piston/rod is past TDC, so it stalls instead of rotating the crank the right way.

Wrong firing order would just cause a backfire or afterfire, right?
By tobbera
I have it set up so that both injectors and coild fires two times per 720 degreee rotation.

My board is a custom one.

Shoud, I use the "New ignition mode" ?

I have read that increasing the "Skip Revolutions" setting can reduce risk og kickback as the engine reaches higher speed before it tried to fire. I read that the kick back can be because the significant reduction in speed when the piston closes in on TDC makes the spark go off too early as the ECU think its spinning faster.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?