Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By AutismoEXE
I have been fighting what I believe to be a trigger wheel problem. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if I'm coming against a bug maybe.

For points of reference, I am using a UA4C board, With sequential injectors on a V6 with the stock distributor.
I am using this trigger wheel to avoid potential problems trying to get a Nissan 360 wheel working. https://www.diyautotune.com/product/54- ... -or-vg30e/
This wheel is a 12-1 wheel with a cam sync.
In tuner studio I have everything as follows:
Trig Pattern: Missing tooth
Prim. Trig Speed: Crank Speed
Trig Angle: 345(my problem)
Trig Edge: Falling
Sec. Trig. Edge: Falling
Trig Filter: Medium
Just to verify as well with the trouble shooting I've done. My Primary and Secondary triggers are wired properly, I am getting a full sync in TS. I can get it to run but it runs horribly. My Cranking timing is locked to 0 and I have the Timing lockout on at 0

My problem is that it seems nowhere I shift my trigger angle, I seem to be firing 90 degrees(+-30-60 degrees with wild adjustments) BTDC. The closest I can get it to fire is about 45 degrees BTDC. But I cant for the life of me get it anywhere near TDC. Even small changes sometimes jump it from 45 BTDC to 180 degrees out from TDC. I'm not sure if I'm fundamentally misunderstanding what I'm trying to do, or if maybe I'm coming across a bug in software. This is the latest version of speeduino, but modified so injectors 5 and 6 are on idle 1 and 2. Down below are also pictures of my trigger wheel at TDC, and one from cad to just calculate the angles real quick and get a general idea.

Any help or suggestions would be fantastic, Thanks!
Attachments
PXL_20210221_233519925.jpg
PXL_20210221_233519925.jpg (3.9 MiB) Viewed 3538 times
degrees.PNG
degrees.PNG (2.59 MiB) Viewed 3538 times
Last edited by AutismoEXE on Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By AutismoEXE
Heres the tune I have! Its mostly just calculated as I'm trying to get timing in before actually tuning
Edit: I also added my firmware here, only things i changed are the init for pin maping for UA4C board and globals.h
Attachments
(335.47 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
(73.85 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
By stum
I run something similar on my V6 but only the 12-1(crank) with no cam sync. using a modified toyota trigger in a dizzy.

Have you tried to run in with out the cam sync. This was best trigger I found and most stable timing. Could be worth a test to see if it will run. Then add the cam back in once you have a base tune that runs and starts.
By PSIG
While they are checking your tune, note that different Nissan models with that engine used different spark plug wire locations. :? I would verify the correct plug wire locations by setting at #1 TDC, lifting the distributor cap, and checking the rotor position. Hoping it's something simple. I like silly mistakes, as they are easy fixes. ;)

This is claimed to be for the Pathfinder, others (e.g. transverse-mount) are 180° opposite location (nearest cyl 1). Apart from that, distributor maintenance could also have repositioned the rotor location. While you're at it, check your rotor phasing:
VG33E_firing_order.jpg
VG33E_firing_order.jpg (34.05 KiB) Viewed 3490 times
By AutismoEXE
So unfortunately, the first thing I did was try and find the easy duh things I could have boogered. My spark wires are in the correct position (I'm stupid familiar with there motors, and also ngk labels the wires, along with the cap being labeled it's hard to mess up) and I did check the dizzy phasing, and it's in line with tdc and #1 on the dizzy.

As for the cam sync thing, I was playing with it last night again and noticed I wasn't getting any sync anymore (I haven't changed anything) so I'm definitely going to try and do it without cam sync now. Edit: I'm getting sync again, I think I was just to low of battery

My concern looking at some things is that possibly my modified firmware would cause some issue like this(although it appears I can't even use sequential fuel in tuner studio as 5 and 6 trims arnt available) and I don't have the knowledge to add the fuel trims into the ini for TS. So I may look into doing paired injection instead of sequential, so I can run an unmodified firmware
By AutismoEXE
stum wrote:I run something similar on my V6 but only the 12-1(crank) with no cam sync. using a modified toyota trigger in a dizzy.

Have you tried to run in with out the cam sync. This was best trigger I found and most stable timing. Could be worth a test to see if it will run. Then add the cam back in once you have a base tune that runs and starts.
Can you help my understand what you mean here? I'm not sure if you mean by just covering the cam sync so it doesn't see it, or disabling it in TS. Because the latter I can't find. A little more guidence please?
By AutismoEXE
jonbill wrote:If you set the injector layout to paired, it'll ignore the secondary trigger settings.
Okay I was thinking it was something like that, thanks!
I'll try and report my results!
By AutismoEXE
So I tested a few things to try and fix this problem. first thing I did is try to flip the crank and cam signals, as Nissan in these years weren't clear on which was which, but it just resulted in not getting a sync at all.
I tried changing it into paired injection instead of sequential to ignore the cam signal, which resulted in no change. As of now, I can get it to fire about 45 degrees BTDC at 260 Degrees trigger offset, but making this 280 degrees shifts it further from TDC, and 240 degrees puts it back at 180 Degrees out from TDC.

I will try and load a original branch firmware on it tonight to see if its related to the sequential mod I made to the firmware.

Thanks for the confirmation of the board option! […]

My approach in this situation is to determine if[…]

Can't find Schottky Diode

Hello, I want to build a V0.3 board. I found all t[…]

Retaining the stock ignition system adds a little […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?