Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Modified 3 cylinder
I have a 3 cylinder engine that I have running on a engine stand with the .4.4 version speeduino board.

I have used a 36-1 trigger wheel, chevy ignition coils, and a throttle body with a single injector.

Is it possible to shut off 1 of the cylinders spark and fuel signals within the speeduino code?

Any help is appreciated.
By Modified 3 cylinder
I didn't have much trouble hooking up the speeduino or using the tuner studio program to get the engine running.

I'm not that familar with the code or changing to other pins. Can you give a little more detail about it.
By dazq
Modified 3 cylinder wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:49 am I have a 3 cylinder engine that I have running on a engine stand with the .4.4 version speeduino board.

I have used a 36-1 trigger wheel, chevy ignition coils, and a throttle body with a single injector.

Is it possible to shut off 1 of the cylinders spark and fuel signals within the speeduino code?

Any help is appreciated.
Could you explain why you want/need to shut off 1 of the cylinders in the code?
By JHolland
Modified 3 cylinder wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:05 pm I'm not that familar with the code or changing to other pins. Can you give a little more detail about it.
The pin assignment is performed in "init.ino" in a function "void setPinMapping(byte boardID)". Its reasonably simple, scroll through until you find the correct board and then change the pin numbers for the injector and ignition channel.
By theonewithin
As above.

Why do you want to do this?

What is it you are actually attempting to do?what outcome is it you are looking for?
By Modified 3 cylinder
Thank you for your responses and interest in this.

This is a project that i have thought about for a while. I have wanted to try and shut down one of the cylinders of the engine, (there would also need to be things changed within the engine) without effecting the air / fuel mixture. When I came across the speeduino system, I thought it might be possible with it.

Seeing there are individual coils, for each cylinder, it would possibly be easier to shut off one cylinder, but I'm using a throttle body with a single fuel injector. I want to stay with the oem throttle body set up if possible.

If it can be done, I want to put the engine setup in a modified metro body. all my driving is in town, basically 2 miles to work and 2 miles home. It is kind of a stange mpg project.
By Modified 3 cylinder
My grandson is taking electrical engineering at Pudue and is into the coding and likes the speeduino project. It is something we can do together, seeing as I don't get to see him very often.
By Modified 3 cylinder
JHolland wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:19 am
Modified 3 cylinder wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:05 pm I'm not that familar with the code or changing to other pins. Can you give a little more detail about it.
The pin assignment is performed in "init.ino" in a function "void setPinMapping(byte boardID)". Its reasonably simple, scroll through until you find the correct board and then change the pin numbers for the injector and ignition channel.
I see where doing that for the coil would work, but I only have the single injector. Doing the injector would mean no fuel at all. Correct?
By theonewithin
Why would you want to do that though???

As you only have a single injector you will struggle to make it work effectively.

You would need all your offsets and corrections for Injector to be 100% perfect.

Could you explain what it is you are actually aiming for?

WHY do you want to shut down 1 cylinder?

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?