Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
So I have started a new project, and just ordered the 0.4.4 board with the arduino mega.

Im going to run speeduino on a odd fire V twin, Yamaha 1600cc Roadstar. I already have a throttle body installed with 4 pin IDLE and 3 pin TPS and a aingle 950cc injector where the Carburettor used to be. However nothing else have been installed yet.

The stock ignition is wasted spark with a single 15-9 trigger wheel with a VR sensor. I ordered a 15-4 wheel from a Yamaha warrior for wider resolution. Its a straight swap so I figured its the easiest way.

The Cam Sync.. i'm trying to decide where to put it. I already have a 1gt101dc hall sensor and was wondering if I could possibly put it on the valve cover right above a valve rocker arm :roll: Hopefully the speeduino has a minimum of 5V during cranking? 1gt101dc needs minimum 4,5V.

Another thing Im wondering about is the single injector for 2 cylinders. This will be a sequential ignition and injection, so the single injector will have 2 channels for best operation, and since its a big injector the fuel pressure will be regulated to the manifold pressure. However is it safe to tie 2 channels to 1? Should there possibly be diodes on there before I join them?

Thanks everybody for an awesome project and forum! And thanks in advance if anybody wants to help out :mrgreen:
EDIT:

I just read the manual and seems I need to use missing tooth crank decoder with single tooth cam sync for this to work. I first read the dual wheel setup and thought I wouldnt be able to have my setup, but luckily the missing tooth decoder seems to be just what I need :mrgreen:
What trigger wheel????

XX-Y is a missing tooth wheel.

XX/Y is dual wheel.

If you are running 1 injector why do you want sequential?

You can't run 1 injector using 2 outputs. Once you go to 50% duty your injector will be maxed out.
theonewithin wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:01 am What trigger wheel????

XX-Y is a missing tooth wheel.

XX/Y is dual wheel.

If you are running 1 injector why do you want sequential?

You can't run 1 injector using 2 outputs. Once you go to 50% duty your injector will be maxed out.
Thanks for your answer! However Im abit confused. Maby I didnt explain properly or I have misunderstood something..
Its an Odd fire engine so the injector need seq injection at the right place in the 720 cycle. Inj channel 1 for 1 cylinder and 2 for second but the same injector, otherwise it would run weird for what I can understand. Its a single crank pin and I think its a 56 degree v twin, dont quote me on that, havent checked the right degree yet.
So the crank wheel is a 15-4 and a single pulse for cam. Thats what I read about the missing tooth decoder. The dual wheel encoder needs a full tooth crank wheel so I cant use that :)

Please let me know if I have understood something wrong :geek:
It possible. Won't work. At all.

I will need to check what is possible but what you are wanting to do can't be done with a single injector.

I will have a look in TS at what options you can choose but sequential won't be needed.

Odd fire doesn't matter for that.

The difficulty will be the single injector.
The firmware appears to allow you to choose 2 cylinders, 1 injector, throttle body and odd fire without any complaints.

How it would actually work in practice will be.... interesting as I suspect you may have issues with even fuel delivery as both cylinders will be demanding fuel one first then the other with a period of crossover where they both will...

I have no idea what will happen during this crossover period.

Hopefully nothing as the throttle body may be a restriction so the amount of air vs fuel being injected will be fine...

You may just have to try it and see what happens.

Unless someone else here has done something similar and can report.

My bike is odd fire but ITB's so I don't have to worry about any weird cross over issues.

More thinking...

While actually riding and have some decent RPM's happening it may be ok.

At idle the worry is when fuel is injected for cylinder 1 some may be stolen by cylinder 2 during the crossover of both intake's being open...

Test it and see!
theonewithin wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:18 pm The firmware appears to allow you to choose 2 cylinders, 1 injector, throttle body and odd fire without any complaints.

How it would actually work in practice will be.... interesting as I suspect you may have issues with even fuel delivery as both cylinders will be demanding fuel one first then the other with a period of crossover where they both will...

I have no idea what will happen during this crossover period.

Hopefully nothing as the throttle body may be a restriction so the amount of air vs fuel being injected will be fine...

You may just have to try it and see what happens.

Unless someone else here has done something similar and can report.

My bike is odd fire but ITB's so I don't have to worry about any weird cross over issues.

More thinking...

While actually riding and have some decent RPM's happening it may be ok.

At idle the worry is when fuel is injected for cylinder 1 some may be stolen by cylinder 2 during the crossover of both intake's being open...

Test it and see!
Thanks for your input! I appreciate it. Yeah, it needs sequential injection so the injector puts fuel just before one of the cylinders draws air. Hopefully im making myself clear? Both channels running the same injector. Ill make an example: Channel 1, injector fires at 0 degrees form 1st tooth, Second channel, same injector fires at 408 degrees. Otherwise it would probably run bad low rpm. With a usuable range of 900-5000 rpm, it is essential to get it running on sequential to make the pulses as far away from each other. Firing only twice per 720 degree revolution.
Hall sensor,
You could run it on 12Vdc and using the output whit an pull up resistor on 5Vdc from speeduino.
This way sensor itself isn't that critical on its feeding voltage.

Injector timing,
Maybe run it semi sequential, injects every 360 degree.
And get the injector stopped at decent angle between the intake cycles of both cilinders.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?