Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
cyrusthecirus33 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:47 pm Yeah I think it needs one squirt at 0 and the other at 360+48 degree which is the cylinder angle, and sequential spark ofcourse. Its gonna have a td04-09b, so wasted spark would probably increase change of knock. :)
Shouldn't that be a 360+56 ?
By PSIG
cyrusthecirus33 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:47 pm Yeah I think it needs one squirt at 0 and the other at 360+48 degree which is the cylinder angle, and sequential spark ofcourse.
The simple solution is to run odd-fire with 2 injectors. There are many bikes with dual injectors per-cylinder, and although not for this purpose, could be an option for you with an additional overhead down-throat injector. In any case, fuel from one injector or pulse will be "stolen" by the other cylinder, much the same as Simese-port engines do.

Other alternatives could be to use port injection to limit charge stealing, or inlet 'filtering' to spread the flow of fuel across a wider range, as some automotive TBIs use with fewer throttle bores and injectors than cylinders. Most common in that case is injecting over the throttle blade(s) in order to allow flow and vaporization off the plates to spread the flow (and duration) more evenly across cylinders.
cyrusthecirus33 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:47 pm Its gonna have a td04-09b, so wasted spark would probably increase change of knock. :)
Unless you have dual-plug-per-cylinder heads (spark wasted in same-cylinder), I wouldn't consider waste-spark due to the offset cylinder timing.

[EDIT] BTW - consider what "sequential" actually is, which is timing injections (or sparks) to the correct cylinder on the correct cycle segment (one of two crank rotations on a 4-stroke). Speeduino already functions sequentially, firing INJ or IGN channels 1-2-3-4, always. The issue is firing single pulses on the correct cycle segment. So, we use a cycle signal (e.g., "cam") to designate that the sequence begins on a specific cycle, and it's already connected to the correct cylinder. Alternatively, we can pulse on every crank rotation and achieve one of them on every correct cylinder TDC, and the other 360°-out (double-shot sequential or wasted-spark).

Consider "wasted-spark" with two WS coils firing one into its cylinder and the wasted spark to ground (not another cylinder). That's actually a "normal" single-fire coil fired twice per-cycle in waste-spark mode. For injection, you can determine which channel fires after the missing-tooth, and assign that channel to the correct cylinder. If 2-squirts per cycle, it will always fire at the correct time for that cylinder, plus the additional squirt 360°-out. Just food for thought, and I hope that makes sense how I said it. :?
Last edited by PSIG on Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSIG wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:15 pm
cyrusthecirus33 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:47 pm Yeah I think it needs one squirt at 0 and the other at 360+48 degree which is the cylinder angle, and sequential spark ofcourse.
The simple solution is to run odd-fire with 2 injectors. There are many bikes with dual injectors per-cylinder, and although not for this purpose, could be an option for you with an additional overhead down-throat injector. In any case, fuel from one injector or pulse will be "stolen" by the other cylinder, much the same as Simese-port engines do.

Other alternatives could be to use port injection to limit charge stealing, or inlet 'filtering' to spread the flow of fuel across a wider range, as some automotive TBIs use with fewer throttle bores and injectors than cylinders. Most common in that case is injecting over the throttle blade(s) in order to allow flow and vaporization off the plates to spread the flow (and duration) more evenly across cylinders.
cyrusthecirus33 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:47 pm Its gonna have a td04-09b, so wasted spark would probably increase change of knock. :)
Unless you have dual-plug-per-cylinder heads (spark wasted in same-cylinder), I wouldn't consider waste-spark due to the offset cylinder timing.
Thanks for your input! Glad people are talking interest in my project :)
Yeah defnitly dual injector setup would be much better, however that would need a custom made manifold. If this single injector doesnt end up running well, then I have No change but to weld one. I have welded aluminium before, altough no pro at it :D
It is actually 2 sparkplugs per cylinder so I bought a wasted spark 4 port VAG ignition coil with the igniter built in. Obviously not going to run it in wasted spark but will utilize the dual output.
If I remember correctly the twin has 48 or was it 46 degrees between. Dual intakes would be best, like in the Roadstar Warrior, but my bike has the inlet ports facing each other so it would need the other inlet to be pointed to the other side which wouldnt be an option for me.
So guys Im a bit confused still about using 2 channel for a single injector, but we'll see :?
I have most parts at home already, Im waiting for the speeduino to arrive. Ill make sequential ignition first and the fuel side after that.
Im gonna weld the exhaust and put the turbo in place but wont obviously ride it until the fuel side is done, just favricating what I can until all the parts arrive :)
LAV1000 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:25 am
cyrusthecirus33 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:47 pm Yeah I think it needs one squirt at 0 and the other at 360+48 degree which is the cylinder angle, and sequential spark ofcourse. Its gonna have a td04-09b, so wasted spark would probably increase change of knock. :)
Shouldn't that be a 360+56 ?
Nope, i had the degree wrong in that post, sorry about that.
By PSIG
Spark plug heat due to doubling the spark would be far down the heat-contributor list. However, the spark plug would influence pre-ignition, not detonation. The definition of detonation assumes a "normal" ignition at the spark plug (your heat source concern), and spiked cylinder pressure following, due to auto-ignition of un-burned charge away from the plug. So, no.
PSIG wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:55 pm Spark plug heat due to doubling the spark would be far down the heat-contributor list. However, the spark plug would influence pre-ignition, not detonation. The definition of detonation assumes a "normal" ignition at the spark plug (your heat source concern), and spiked cylinder pressure following, due to auto-ignition of un-burned charge away from the plug. So, no.
Nice, thanks for clarifying! 8-)
So I finally have it cranking, the VR and Hall sensor are set up. Hall sensor on cam rocker arm. I had to put the Hall throu the vr conditioner to get a stable signal for some reason, with the pullup jumper on. But its working like it should in sequential mode. Next up is wiring the rest of the sensors and fit the throttle body :D
By PSIG
cyrusthecirus33 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:26 pm… I had to put the Hall throu the vr conditioner to get a stable signal for some reason, with the pullup jumper on.
Rule-of-thumb — if using a dual-channel signal conditioner, always use both channels. If you leave one channel unused, the floating input may trigger randomly from noise, overriding the signal. ;)

Do your thing, and I'll leave you to it, but your […]

Plugs, where to get?

Connector #003: Arduino Pin-Header 2.54mm spac[…]

http://i.imgur.com/jcGk3A4.gif

Always going to be one, I have completed 3 convers[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?