Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By zoidberg
Yay it kind of works now exept a few little issues
First i have problems (i guess) when slamming the throttle it leans out before it enriches, i'm not sure why that is even when changing acceleration enrichment settings.
Then i have a starting issue when doing cold starts it kind of didn't work but i think i have fixed that now by retarding the ignition and upping the cranking enrichment when the motor is cold.
I made a video from the startup (with warm motor)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQIzb_CYdF0
and some pictures of my build (i fixed the fuel rail by now and will shorten that mess of wires down):
By jonbill
can you post your tune?

when the afr stabilizes after you whack the throttle open, you're not in the same cells as you were when it was lean; the rpm is higher and you've probably lifted off the throttle.
I'd be looking to enrich the cells directly above the cell you're in when you open the throttle.
By zoidberg
jonbill wrote:can you post your tune?
sure its attached
jonbill wrote: when the afr stabilizes after you whack the throttle open, you're not in the same cells as you were when it was lean; the rpm is higher and you've probably lifted off the throttle.
I'd be looking to enrich the cells directly above the cell you're in when you open the throttle.
i think it has something to do with acceleration enrichment, as it doesn't happen when i throttle slowly.
Only throtteling fast is doing this.
Attachments
(7.63 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
By zoidberg
Here are some datalogs.
The idle problem is due to the lack of idle control and only happens when i switch on the fan for the cabin heater to full power when idling. That is a non problem i'll just stick with switched off fan when idling (and soon buy an idle control valve that fits my throttle body).
I lowered the tps dot threshold to 5% which caused issues and gone up to 25% again which fixed that.
I tried closed loop afr correction with simple setting which caused the gamma enrichment to go up and down (as seen in the log that doesn't say no closed loop). That made it nearly undrivable, i think i will need to pid control that loop, does anyone have any tips on how to do that?

Attached is also my current tune.

I ran auto ve correction again as i exchanged parts of my exhaust system to fix leaks and exhaust in the cabin (which worked, i now have no more co warnings when standing)
Attachments
(7.59 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
(685.42 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
By jonbill
I've looked at the 'without closed loop' log, and I have a couple of observations -
1) I think you've got too much fuel added with TPS dot AE. It goes very rich after relatively small TPS dot movements.
2) I also think your TPS might not be calibrated - it appears to be showing in the range 11 - 45 with one peak of 80. I'd expect it to be between 0 and 100.
3) you're generally quite rich every where (at least compared to your AFR table) so I think it might be premature to try to turn on closed loop AFR control - AIUI, your map has to be pretty close to your targets for closed loop to work well.
By zoidberg
jonbill wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:40 am 1) I think you've got too much fuel added with TPS dot AE. It goes very rich after relatively small TPS dot movements.
Yes i fixed that for now by lowering the fuel that is added. now its almost perfect (more fine tuning has to be done later on)
jonbill wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:40 am 2) I also think your TPS might not be calibrated - it appears to be showing in the range 11 - 45 with one peak of 80. I'd
expect it to be between 0 and 100.
Its calibrated but the throttle body is a bit large for the motor and there is not much of a difference between 80 and 100, also its a motorhome so full throttle doesn't make it go faster but just louder :-)
jonbill wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:40 am 3) you're generally quite rich every where (at least compared to your AFR table) so I think it might be premature to try to turn on closed loop AFR control - AIUI, your map has to be pretty close to your targets for closed loop to work well.
ok i changed the squirts per cycle to 3 and now its easier to tune and my ve table is much closer to what i really need. its still a bit rich but its getting better, i think i have to do a bit more tuning to get where i want to.

Another question would be why isn't map typically used for acceleration enrichment? Just out of interest because map normally produces a much cleaner signal?
hmm when i think about it map changes even when throttle doesn't change. Using map as input seems a bit wrong.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?