Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
Hi all!

I have a 1989 NA6 Mazda MX5, a Speeduino V0.4.3 board (built) an MX5 breakout board for stock ECU connectors Rev C, and an Innovate LC2 wideband controller and sensor, MAF line is also run. I do not currently have a VTPS, IAT sensor, or ULN Chip mod performed to the board, I plan to address these issues when life is back to normal! So plan to use stock IAT for now, and am aware that I need to do something to control the fuel pump, and not sure what connections the wideband needs

Fuel Pump. Reading in the manual here https://speeduino.com/Speeduino_mx5.pdf I remove the ST_SIG fuse. I don't understand in the next paragraph it mentions 'if this control is not available or not desirable' to do a different wiring mod, why would pulling a single fuse not be desirable or available? I'm missing something obvious here I know, but understand the AFM in the mx5 controls the fuel pump, and a few people have different work arounds to fix this. I'm looking for a simple fix to this, as want to remove the AFM completely soon. I read a post on the Speeduino Facebook page this week about wiring the FP relay up to a High Current VVT or Boost signal on the board, I don't need either of those functions so could be an option for me? (if I need to?) Understand stock Arduino/Speeduino outputs aren't strong enough for relay control.

I think I've missed info here as I'm reading the MX5 PNP guide not a generic V0.4.3 guide which my Speeduino is. I need a wiring a fuel pump guide from scratch :)

Wideband I understand it as I need wideband into the speeduino, a 0-5v signal, the breakout board has a pin labelled O2 as a header, which is common with the O2 stock ecu wiring, so piggybacked in to it and removes the need to connect up to the stock connector in the engine bay. That is all that is required for Wideband input? I received the kit second hand, and it seems like it was wired using the 0-1v signal for the wideband? Stupid question but I need 0-5v for the wideband, so not sure why this has been wired with the 0-1v previously?
tigerstyle wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:20 pm Yes, Innovate LC2 is the controller (sensor and controller as a kit)
Cool, then I think I need to use the 0-5v analog output from the LC2 and tell TS that this is the case, and then as you say the speedy knows what is connected. Thanks!
Yes hook the 0-5v output to your old NB plug just above the CAS sensor at the back of the head. The speedy will run with the AFM still in place. I used to run mine like that. I used the iat that is already in the AFM. Use MAP acceleration enrichment instead of TPS if you don't have a tps yet.
Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I must have misunderstood what "after f[…]

I've been away from playing cars for a few weeks, […]

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?