Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By PSIG
I noticed you trying to run on the standard Base Tune, which is OK, but some of it is just wacked like the spark table, Req_fuel unset, table headers are pooched, settings where they shouldn't be and others that are waaay off from where you're going, etc. So, here's your tune with a few (NOT ALL ;)) changes in-general that are aimed at a pump-gas LS-turbo just for first startup.

Before using it, go over the tune for anything you don't want or whatever, plus change Req_fuel for whatever injectors and pressure you're running (I set for generic LS 25#), verify your sensor calibrations, pin assignments, IAC steps, etc. If you don't have WBO2 connected, turn it off, block your wastegates open, and stuff like that. The coil dwell stuff is for the tamer non-D585 types, and is not good for those, so verify that. Let me know if you need D585 (LS2/7) info. No, it's not all focused on your 5.3 specifically, and borrows some stuff from engines built to rev higher. No biggie.

For others reading this that somehow think that a startup file or base tune can be loaded, driven and boosted or raced, I will bluntly say this:
No "Base Tune" will start, run, idle or drive without engine damage (if it will run at all) unless re-tuned for your specific engine hardware and exact fuel. It will destroy your engine if not properly re-tuned, and is only for first start and warmup once adjusted to do so. The rest is up to you.

You can see I set the engine to drown if it hits boost, so you'll have to tune the NA portion in order to get a handle on what to enter for beast-mode area. That said, with some tweaks this should get you going with less initial pain, mostly in corrections and table matching. Don't forget to step your spark and fuel tuning from warm idle, to warm restart, to cold restart, to very lightly loaded … and then you can estimate from there any general predictions for tables and such, and finally leave the driveway. :lol: Baby steps to build the tune foundation, so your baby can more quickly walk and run later without tripping and smashing its face.

BTW, you should probably retitle your thread as it's not an LQ4 anymore. ;)

David

(53.24 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
By Picky2019
No turbo as of yet :) , but thanks for direction. I did pump up fuel ratio to get it going, like max 25.5. I wanted it to run fat so I didn't lean anything out. I set offset timing to 12 as per Twisted Build and she fired right up. Will work on getting o2 hooked up for more feedback.

BTW, retitled first post, lol
By Picky2019
Well, decided to work on IAC today. Tried wiring as per manual, nothing. Saw CJs problems and tried diff configurations, nothing. Is there a way to test Speeduino signals or IAT signals t figure if it's board, code or stepper? Checked driver voltage and it's at 1.5v, idle control set to stepper, open loop.. Just no movement at all.
By Picky2019
No stupid questions ever, yes it is, but I am going to swap out a spare to take it out of the equation as problem. Then I'll try a new aic valve. Bought Engine used and unsure if it works or not.
By PSIG
Stepper outputs are +12V. When operating, the outputs are stepped, so the average voltage will be lower or read negative. Stepper should ohm-out roughly equally on each of the two windings (4 pins). Stepper driver should be checked for maxed potentiometer setting.

David
By Picky2019
All is well, swapped out driver board as I suspected. Iac working fine as supposed to. Gonna revisit my tables, might start a new project. Don't have any idea what happened there?? I played with some settings to get a hang of things and just reset to factory settings. I would have never modded spark tables to that advanced. Glad I never got it warmed up and revved up. Going to try to figure it out. Thanks for the help to all.

https://youtu.be/0iuaiLYwPns
By Picky2019
When I posted my current tune, I looked at the tables while experimenting running on stand and they weren't that buggered up? I've been comparing base, to my current, to your 5.3 to get the hang of where all should be. "There" was not specific to anything, lol. All good, still moving forward. Spoke to your buddy CJ last night to clear up some issues, helpful guy.

Always going to be one, I have completed 3 convers[…]

Do i have to do something in arduino software ? i […]

STM32 development

Not yet, I have been too busy to look into it but […]

Hola a todos Actualizo!!! Me es grato comunicaros[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?