Speeduino is now on Github Sponsors (Rather than Patreon): https://github.com/sponsors/noisymime
Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By TZ350
kettlekev wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:14 pm
Rob Great feedback! Thanks. Seems like my lower revving engine might save me some grief which is good. Are you in NZ/OZ?
New Zealand.
Good luck with your project. I expect one injector will be fine. It is all about the amount of time to get things done. Not much time ( rpm > 10,000 ) and you start to need to look at a big and small injector to cover diminished time (big injector to get the shit in there ) and accurate fueling at low rpm (small injector so the dribble does not swamp the fueling accuracy ). An injector dribbles a bit (Injector Latency) before it gets fully open and injecting in a controlled way. Bigger injector = more dribble. But at less than 10,000 rpm you look good for a single sized injector. I am looking forward to seeing how it all goes. Start a project thread or post here. Rob.
By kettlekev
Rob,

NZ...nice. I used to like in Auckland for a bit. Work drags me back to NZ every now and again.

My Kettle has reed valves and I am looking at adapting Triumph Tiger 1200 throttle bodies.

As you mentioned, I plan to try to get away with one MAP sensor in one cylinder. Exactly where I will put it yet I don't know but I guess there isn't really a bad place?

What type of sensor are you using?

Might catch up face to face next year!!

Kev
By TZ350
kettlekev wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:46 pm
I plan to try to get away with one MAP sensor in one cylinder. Exactly where I will put it yet I don't know but I guess there isn't really a bad place?
I would avoid the transfers and try to get the sensor as deep into the crank case proper as you can. Maybe on the crankcase side of the reed block might be a good position.
When you rev the engine past peak torque and it starts to run out of "Blow Down Time Area" some of the burnt gas in the cylinder has not escaped out the exhaust yet before the transfers open. A lot of this over pressurized dirty gas pushes back down the transfers increasing the local pressure there. Look in any well used two stroke cylinder and you will probably find burnt combustion oil residue in the transfer ducts all the way down their length.
Attachments
20191227_144213.png
20191227_144213.png (4.59 MiB) Viewed 692 times
By kettlekev
Rob,

What Crankcase MAP sensor are you using?

I've managed to get the throttle bodies working with the flyby wire (Pololu motor driver) which is pretty cool and the triumph has dual TPS and throttle grip sensors I can monitor on Arduino analog inputs to look for faults.

I was reading your posts about fuel injection points and not to inject at the bodies but across the transfers. My bike has a water jacket so that might prove tricky.
By LAV1000
kettlekev wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:02 am

I was reading your posts about fuel injection points and not to inject at the bodies but across the transfers. My bike has a water jacket so that might prove tricky.
????
Check Rob's posting from 11-12-2020
By LAV1000
TZ350 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:52 pm
kettlekev wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:46 pm
I plan to try to get away with one MAP sensor in one cylinder. Exactly where I will put it yet I don't know but I guess there isn't really a bad place?
I would avoid the transfers and try to get the sensor as deep into the crank case proper as you can. Maybe on the crankcase side of the reed block might be a good position.
When you rev the engine past peak torque and it starts to run out of "Blow Down Time Area" some of the burnt gas in the cylinder has not escaped out the exhaust yet before the transfers open. A lot of this over pressurized dirty gas pushes back down the transfers increasing the local pressure there. Look in any well used two stroke cylinder and you will probably find burnt combustion oil residue in the transfer ducts all the way down their length.

This one ;)
By kettlekev
LAV1000,

Thanks. Yes I saw that about the MAP sensor but I was referring to the place to position the injectors. Rob noted the transfers are the best place for his high revving engine rather than in the throttle bodies.

I have water jackets so that is tricky especially on a triple. I wondered if on a lower revving engine, injecting in the transfers was still needed?

Cheers

Kev
By kettlekev
Guys, are there any images/links around showing ideal transfer port injector locations. I assume you would ideally want to inject across the piston crown?

That's backwards .... An engine needs less advance[…]

Hey @PSIG Sorry if I was being vague at any point[…]

Fuel load calculation

David So understanding the VE is just a starter f[…]

Hi guys, hopefully you all can help me figure this[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?