Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By iLeeeZi
TZ350 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:54 am Has anyone using Speeduino Firmware version 201911 had sucess with Staged Injection ?
I did a quick bench test and I cannot replicate the issue as the second injector channel is activating correctly. Can you post the tune and a log if possible.
By TZ350
iLeeeZi wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:11 pm
TZ350 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:54 am Has anyone using Speeduino Firmware version 201911 had sucess with Staged Injection ?
I did a quick bench test and I cannot replicate the issue as the second injector channel is activating correctly. Can you post the tune and a log if possible.
Thanks for looking at this.

Following your bench testing idea. I have made a 24-1 crank simulator that automatically swings from 1,000 rpm to 12,000 and back again. I will put LED's in the injector plugs and video the results.

My engine is a single cylinder two stroke. I will test the Speeduino Tune in 4 and 2 stroke configurations to see if there is any issues there.

Fingers crossed...... :)
Attachments
(87.97 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
(54.68 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Simulated Crank Signal.jpg
Simulated Crank Signal.jpg (3.04 MiB) Viewed 8216 times
By TZ350
iLeeeZi wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:11 pm I did a quick bench test and the second injector channel is activating correctly.
Yes you are right, I just now did a simulated Speeduino test with a Nano simulating a 24-1 toothed wheel and LED's in place of the injectors. It showed the second channel activating correctly.

Now we know it works, it is "my bad" now I have to figure out why I am struggling a bit ..... :oops:
Attachments
Staged Injection.png
Staged Injection.png (113.23 KiB) Viewed 8188 times
Staged Injector Simulation.jpg
Staged Injector Simulation.jpg (2.63 MiB) Viewed 8188 times
By TZ350
Has anyone else tried adding or changing a Tuner Studio data logging channel?

I am running staged injection and I have changed the Pulse Width code so that instead of adding the secondary injector to the primary. It cuts completely from one to the other. It suits my setup when its making real power, to turn off the primary injector and only run the much larger secondary injector.

Normally TS data logs PW1 and PW2 , basically they both look like the same trace. What I am trying to do is re assign the TS log PW2 channel to log PW3.

I have tried to use the TS Wizard to change the allocation of PW2 to log PW3.

Do I look like I am on the right track with this? Suggestions gratefully received.
Attachments
Screenshot (90).png
Screenshot (90).png (268.81 KiB) Viewed 7663 times
By TZ350
Yep, that worked. RPM White line, Green line PW small injector, Yellow line PW3 for the big injector . Now I can see where they cross over and use the "Duty Cycle" setting to get the cross over in the most advantages position.
Attachments
Screenshot (91).png
Screenshot (91).png (114.32 KiB) Viewed 7634 times
By Dmitriy
This is very cool, I intend to implement two rows of injectors in my motorcycle project. the parameter of switching between the rows of injectors is very important.
By BBursell
This is all very interesting!

Planning to convert a old 2s tripple (SAAB) from points/distributor to trigger wheel and a speeduino for ignition (distributor drive is a weak point in these engines). Fuel injection is a future plan if the first part succeeds, this engine does not rev as high (maybe 7000rmp max) so I don't think I'll be needing the psuedo map sensor. Transfer ports are inaccessible so it has to be throttle body or inlet port injection.

But anyway,
Good work, indeed!
By TZ350
Dmitriy wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:53 pm This is very cool, I intend to implement two rows of injectors in my motorcycle project. the parameter of switching between the rows of injectors is very important.
Hi Dmitriy. The code changes were made in the Speeduino file and they are pretty simple.

To protect myself I made a copy of the code I wanted to change and commented out the original "STAGING_MODE_AUTO" block of code so the I could go back to the original logic easily if I needed to.
Attachments
Screenshot (88).png
Screenshot (88).png (120.98 KiB) Viewed 7558 times
By TZ350
BBursell wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:28 am This is all very interesting!

Planning to convert a old 2s tripple (SAAB) from points/distributor to trigger wheel and a speeduino for ignition (distributor drive is a weak point in these engines). Fuel injection is a future plan if the first part succeeds, this engine does not rev as high (maybe 7000rmp max) so I don't think I'll be needing the psuedo map sensor. Transfer ports are inaccessible so it has to be throttle body or inlet port injection.

But anyway,
Good work, indeed!
Hi BBursell. Your SAAB project sounds interesting. From my experience and what I have seen done with an old fuel injected Kawasaki 350 BigHorn you wont need staged injection with the SAAB. Anything less than 9,000 RPM can get away with one size injector as you don't run into serious injection time constraints.

Follow the link:- https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/show ... gine-tuner

Then
copy and paste this "Kawasak EFI site:" search term in front of theKiwiBiker URL address and you will find a whole lot of links to the Kawasaki converted to EFI.

Kawasak EFI site:

Injecting into the transfer ports or across the crank case has the advantage of being able to inject for a full 350 crank degrees. Injecting into the inlet port limits you time wise. The longer (crank degrees) you can inject for, the smoother the motor will run. I have found that fuel injection on a two stroke works best when the motor is running hot enough, say 60 - 80 deg C to evaporate the fuel nicely. Racing two strokes are currently run about 40C for best power and that makes for poor fuel evaporation and difficult tuning.

Kawasaki Dyno Run:- https://youtu.be/ifSEql1X4R0

VMX Ride :- https://youtu.be/v8i6ps0PdVI

Bush run:- https://youtu.be/eleqBGvOM4M
Attachments
Screenshot (340).png
Screenshot (340).png (348.51 KiB) Viewed 7538 times

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?