Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Matty
Hi, here's is my build so far, It's essentially a Renault 5 C1J bottom end, with the head and Cam from a Gordini/Turbo 2 and all bolted together. I make custom exhaust manifolds, EFI inlet for a living so I have that base well covered, but I struggle a little on the software side of things, so go easy!! :D I have done a few EFI conversions in the passed, but this is my first using this ECU.

So far I have a slark on 1 and 3 but nothing on 2 and 4, if I bridge the wires to run them in Pairs then 2 and 4 will Fire, but I'm guessing they should be able to fire sequentially?

I am also stuck on the lambda wiring, as my lambda has 5 wires, and I can see that only 3 are used on the wiring diagram. The only two I know are the two pins for the heater, I have metered these out and out power in them, and it heats, but I'm not sure how to find out which the signal wire is?

Also on my setup, I'm running a 36-1 crank trigger wheel and an additional cam sensor, that has one tooth passing a VR sensor, but in the settings menu I'm not sure how to configure it. Any chance of some guidance on this? Thanks
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (422.74 KiB) Viewed 4286 times
By Matty
Looking over the settings again, I may have Sussed the coils not firing, as it was set to wasted spark not cops! Will give that a try and see if the other two fire.
By Matty
Thanks ive just ordered up a wideband controller now.

Slowly but surely I'm getting there, I now have the engine running, and idling enough to check the ignition timing. But I have come to a bit of a strange problem!

When I check my ignition timing there is no sign of the timing mark? So far I have...

Checked the 36-1 trigger wheel position (gap in trigger at TDC, and sensor position 90 degrees BTDC)
Checked engine TDC with DTi and remarked flywheel at piston no.1 at TDC.
Checked the timing (on no.1) with light and swung the dial on the timing light through 60 degrees and no sign of TDC mark.
Checked the timing (on no.2) with light and swung the dial on the timing light through 60 degrees and no sign of TDC mark.
Both of above was with map set to zero degrees advance
I then set timing on map to 15/30/45 degrees and tried the same on no.1 and no.2 and still no sign of timing mark.

It won't start with timing above 20 degrees, and likes to start with it set to around 5-10 degrees, so I'm thinking that it is around the right sort of place, but for some reason I can't get the timings marks to align with a timing light to check it. :x

I'm at a complete loss now, as I really need to confirm my ignition timing before going any further with the Fueling map.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be going on?

Would it be able to run 90 degrees out? I can't see it, but can't rule it out at the moment!
By Matty
Just had a look at the settings, and you're right it's the trigger offset is set to 0 degrees BTDC!

The sensor is at 90 ish, so now I've changed it to 90 I can see the mark, with a few adjustments to the offset ive managed to get the ignition map bang on where the timing mark is showing on the flywheel.

I have no idea how it was running with it 90 degree out. :lol:
By LPG2CV
That's good news :D

Something I've seen mentioned on the forum, is to set your timing to a fixed angle (spark menu button). Say 10* advanced. Then put your timing light on and adjust the trigger angle to match. This will ensure your idle speed and spark table isn't effecting your settings. Don't forget to reset it to zero afterwards. :)
By petit bob
Hello how are you? :mrgreen:
I allow myself to dig up your subject, because I have a turbo gt and I am rebuilding its engine. And then the subject of its ignition will come. i came across the topic of speeduino and would like to know if it is able to replace the original aei? Are there any constraints? or shopping to do?
Looking forward to reading you and thanking you in advance
cordially
:D ps: dsl for my english ... i'm just french :D
BOB

It's actually a pretty rudimentary unit from what […]

Sorry, i just realized one thing: The 25 degrees […]

Hi y'all, I want to add a new 3-D table for Inj[…]

Yes as mentioned its 114 degrees, most older (rece[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?