Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By evolwun
I have been lurking around for forum for a little while and I think I am ready to start gathering parts.

My previous car was running and MS2 setup. It was great and I love working in TunerStudio. I hope to get my M50 vanos motor up and working on Speeduino and am looking for some input on what board to purchase. I will be installing it in the gutted ECU shown below.

PCB design is not my thing, so I will not be making my own custom board. But if anyone out there wants me to try one of their boards, I am happy to do so. I need to control 6 cylinders, 6 coil-on-plugs, single vanos (on/off "vvt" on the intake cam) and a three wire Idle control valve. I already have JBperf's dual VR conditioner from another project that never happened for the inputs. Batch fire on the injectors is fine, but it would be cool to be able to directly control 6 coils (feature request?). I will be super happy to get rid of the MAF (I'm not a fan).

All input is welcome, just try not to make me feel TOO dumb. :oops:

EDIT: I am located in Oregon (west coast USA)

Last edited by evolwun on Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By androidcho
I ended up with modified Turtana PCB. :mrgreen:
It's a 1 layer PCB, but better buy some of the available boards(maybe the Speeduino v0.4 or v0.3.2).
Be aware that you can't fit any of these through-hole boards inside the Bosch stock ECU case with Arduino on the one side and the connectors on the other.
By evolwun
androidcho wrote: Be aware that you can't fit any of these through-hole boards inside the Bosch stock ECU case with Arduino on the one side and the connectors on the other.
That is a great point, about how thick is the average setup... for example a populated v0.3 board and arduino?
By j.k.QV
evolwun wrote:
androidcho wrote: Be aware that you can't fit any of these through-hole boards inside the Bosch stock ECU case with Arduino on the one side and the connectors on the other.
That is a great point, about how thick is the average setup... for example a populated v0.3 board and arduino?
My 0.3.2 is ~37mm "thick", but I soldered my mosfets a bit high, so I could attach them to a single heatsink. You could make it slimmer by bending the mosfets and voltage regulator down and possibly relocating the signal conditioner board and the map sensor. Surge protector seems to be quite high too. Fitting it into a motronic box might be a bit tricky.

This is my board next to an Alfa 155 motronic box:

btw. the v0.4 board is much smaller than 0.3.2. The mosfets and voltage regulator will be a problem height wise on that one too though.
By evolwun
This is really helpful, thanks. What are the dimensions of the v0.3 and v0.4 boards? I could not find them. I wonder if I could squeeze the v0.4 board in to the factory ECU enclosure if I moved the mosfets off the board and onto a heat sink. I will take some measurements when I get home from work. The other option is to just use the gutted ECU as an adapter and put the speeduino in it's own enclosure.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?