Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By DefinitelyRice
So i've been recently building a 2jzgte swapped gs300 and i've managed to do alot under an extreme budget by just using things I had either laying around or it was cheap. I currently have a bws300sx3 (177275) on 20lbs on stock ecu, managed this with just a pump, FPR, and an HKS FCD. (Im into this car for less then $300 so far) Car was 10.0 from 0 vacuum up to 20lbs where it slowly rises between 10.4-11. Car is still on stock a340e

Now obviously this was very stupid and I was losing out on a lot of power, wouldnt see full boost until 45-5k rpm.
you can see a clip of 40-110 and decel here : https://www.instagram.com/p/CDo_b3yH_fL/

I've cracked a piston, and since Ive had 5 cp 10:1 pistons from a motor that went stroker. Im buying the remaining piston and some molnar rods. Ive had some sard side feed injectors (direct plug and play drop in stock rail) that I believe to be 800-850cc. I plan on shimming the factory aristo a340e.

with going bigger injectors and high compression I definitely need to go standalone/piggyback and I've seen that the speedunio has transmission control support available to add.

So I was curious on what all I would need to purchase/assemble myself to get my car running without the stock ecu if possible, and if the a340e control isnt that great, what I'd need to do for a paralell install.

Not sure if the boards supporting sequential injection are stable/ even released? I'd be running wasted cop for ignition (6-1, 2-5, 4-3) I've also read about needing a vr conditioner for running the 36-2 crank wheel for signal. Im not really all too familiar with things like this as im used to ecu's like haltech. Thanks in advanced for any advice/help/suggestions.
By dazq
Dxcontrol gears was originally designed and tested for a a340 . It only has a manual shift option via a switch on the lever or paddles on steering.
At some point I hope to complete the auto shift part and release it, but it's still WIP with my own box.
dazq wrote:Dxcontrol gears was originally designed and tested for a a340 . It only has a manual shift option via a switch on the lever or paddles on steering.
At some point I hope to complete the auto shift part and release it, but it's still WIP with my own box.
I don't believe my wheel paddles are wired in, but manual shifting with the lever wouldnt be a problem as I do it whenever I run anyone anyways, just from L-2-to D so it doesnt shift out of 3rd. Still curious if I should be wiring the speeduino for batch injection, or if theres any support for 6 cylinder sequential.
By theonewithin
Firmware support exists.

Hardware is not really available as yet.

You can modify current hardware and run wasted spark and sequential fuel by adding an extra driver and tweaking firmware but benefits are bigger all in the real world.

Sequential is good for small economy improvments, lower emmisions at low loads and potential for smoother idle.

Wasted paired works fine.
By stum
With your gearbox. You have said you are only using L 2 & 3.

I run a Toyota gearbox A540E (front wheel drive camry 3speed + OD) we do not use Torque converter lock up, And I do not use OD. We use diodes wired into the gear switch on the side of the gearbox to control the solenoids directly, and have the line pressure cable always full out. Shifts hard works well. we are some guys are running 600+ Hp this way. Easy option and uses standard shifter
By Gepro
You can run your 2JZ in wasted spark and semi sequential, no problem here. You will have way better ignition control that with FCD...
The vvti is fine, there is only one VVT on the 2JZ.

But I don't think the speeduino can control the gearbox, maybe i'm wrong, but I don't see it in tunerstudio. And I don't know if there is enough output. A second arduino can do it without problem, but I don't know how.

You can also use a teensy board for full sequential, more outputs and canbus. But the drop bear is in developement.
By dazq
Gepro wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:27 pm You can run your 2JZ in wasted spark and semi sequential, no problem here. You will have way better ignition control that with FCD...
The vvti is fine, there is only one VVT on the 2JZ.

But I don't think the speeduino can control the gearbox, maybe i'm wrong, but I don't see it in tunerstudio. And I don't know if there is enough output. A second arduino can do it without problem, but I don't know how.

You can also use a teensy board for full sequential, more outputs and canbus. But the drop bear is in developement.
As I mentioned above, see the wiki in third party section for details on dxcontrol gears.
Speedy doesn't offer gear control itself but gears adds that feature by linking a second mega2560 to the speedy MCU.
Also dropbear is using a teensy 3.5 .
By dazq
Hi no that one's not mine, there was a video on YouTube that a chap did when testing out.

This was a quick test video I took
https://youtu.be/mfUyvONgaOU

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

See my earlier post . The Base Tune sets t[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?