Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
The following are generalities and assumptions, based on similar units, only for concept. Most CDI (Capacitive Discharge Ignition) units of this type are integrated controllers, meaning they typically contain sections and controls to read signals, determine timing delays for timing advance, provide step-up power to the CDI firing capacitor, and contain a firing output section to connect to the coils. More or less, they only need sensor signals and power in order to time and fire the coils as an integrated unit, using factory-programmed parameters.

For your next question, yes, Speeduino could control CDI units, but you would have to be familiar with electronics with an integrated unit such as this. Simpler units often only need the trigger signal from Speeduino's IGN channels to control timing and firing, but this one is all tied together internally, which can be very confusing. In-general, this makes it less suitable for Speeduino to control (from a user perspective), and typically users will either replace the box with a simpler version, or convert from CDI to IDI (Inductive Discharge Ignition) coils, coil drivers, and control. Likewise, the crank angle system should have higher resolution (more "teeth") for the predictive timing method Speeduino uses if it were to attempt control with good accuracy.

Optionally is to let the CDI system function the ignition as-is, and let Speeduino control fuel-only. This is viable, but misses the opportunity to control and alter ignition timing, which is integral to extracting maximum performance from the altered fueling. Which path you choose is entirely your decision, based on your skills and willingness to research, balanced with your purposes, goals and budget. Hope that helps.

David
Thank you for your reply guys. So you say that it would be hard for me to use the CDI system but could I use only the ignition coils and signal them from speeduino? I posted pics of the ignition coil.

And to LAV1000 yes i can measure resistance but dont quite understand where should i measure it. I will try to find schematic on the internet and post it here so we can determine if i can use the stock ignition coils.
dzozepe wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:07 am Thank you for your reply guys. So you say that it would be hard for me to use the CDI system but could I use only the ignition coils and signal them from speeduino? I posted pics of the ignition coil.

And to LAV1000 yes i can measure resistance but dont quite understand where should i measure it. I will try to find schematic on the internet and post it here so we can determine if i can use the stock ignition coils.
Can you post some pictures of your (digital) multimeter and ignition coil its low voltage input ?

Whit this coil there are 2 possibility's.
1 Its is a really CDI coil resistance is below 1.0 Ohm.
2 It is a dumb coil and resistance between 1.0-5.0 Ohm.

1st CDI works in a different matter then a "normal" 12V system.
it dumps like 400V in a short time into the coil, so no guaranty it works on 12V.

2nd type you can certainly run on speeduino but you need an igniter module, like a bosch 211 or something similar.

3th use "smart" (igniter inside) coils which can be controlled directly by speeduino.
You only need to find a set which fits on your motorcycle, I know not much room to put it :D
Well i found some info on DENSO coils with numbers from 129700-3xxx up to 129700-5xxx but not directly mine which is 1129700-3200 but I assume they are simmilar. There was stated that INPUT FROM ECU range is 1,3-1,5 OHM and OUTPUT TO PLUG rang is 11-14 KiloOHM.So i will measure mine but i aassume it is in that area. Can you please tell me if this coil drive is suitable for my application or do i need that BOSCH 211?
Also found this:
Denso 129700-4000 (JO400 10D09)
- 4.7 Ohm primary resistance
- 17.4 kOhm secondary resistance

129700-3630, 1.3 ohms, from ZX9 or GSXR600
129700-4400, 1.5 ohms, GSXR600, 750 or 1000
129700-4150, 1.3 ohms, GSXR750 or 1000, or Versys
129700-4510, 1.5 ohms, CBR600RR, Versys, ER, ZX or ZR
129700-4580, 1.5 ohms, EX650, KLE, ZX, ZR or Versys

So it seems like the second option you mentioned that its DUMB COIL that means that I need to buy bosch 211 and pin it from circuit on the PCB? Or i dont need any circuit just run it directly from arduino IGN pins to BOSCH 211 smart coil?
The bosch 211 unit is used between speeduino and dumb coils.
Bosch 211 ignition module is just an example, there are more brands and types which work the same way.

Now there are also smart coils which do have the electronics in them and can be directly wired to the speeduino.
https://wiki.speeduino.com/en/wiring/Ignition_wiring

and look at this one.
https://wiki.speeduino.com/en/wiring/system
Okay i looked at it and if i understand it right than i need only one TC4424 IC1 because I have only 2 ignition coils firing. But my question is if they are dumb coils or I can wire them directly from speeduino. There is going 12V into them but i think I need IGBTs to power them.

I've been away from playing cars for a few weeks, […]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wo[…]

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?