Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By Pddy95
Hello, I want to tune my Ford Probe with the 2.0 Mazda FS engine ( is the original engine) I plan to change some parts of the engine, to get the FSH9 out of the mazdaspeed 323 and later maybe Flexfuel or Supercharged. To let it be streetlegal the EGR system should be stay activ and at looking in the manual I see, that's might be a problem for going standalone, right?
If I'm forced to go piggyback, what do I have to pay attention to? Sensors work with 5V, injectors have 14,7Kohm and the distributor provides the RPM Signal for the tach. Ignition should be sequential, crankshaft and Camshaft sensor will be taken from the fsh9 engine, cause the ones in the disty aren't good for going sequential. One is one hole in plate, the other is 4 holes in plate.
I could Post pics out of the Workshop manual, but the are in German.

Hope, someone understand, what I've wrote and could help :roll:
By dazq
I am sure you could set up something to operate the egr valve without having to go piggy back.
I would suggest the injectors are 14.7ohm not Kohm as you wrote.
By Pddy95
Yes, your right, 14,7ohm. Don't know, why I wrote kOhm....
The EGR are 3 magnetic valves which get ground, maybe i could ground 3 relays, to get them work. The low Fan speed starts normaly in run, but maybe i put it together with Fuelpump to save a pin, or is there a option to get more Digital I/O's?
By Pddy95
So I have to connect the pins myself into the proto area, if I can use them as GPIO's?
maybe someone could answer that question, at the moment struggeling with the how the gpio Expander works....
By theonewithin
What GPIO expander?

And I gave you the answer.

The schematic will show how the board works.

If you want to use a pin that isn't brought out to proto area you will obviously need to run a wire or whatever you want to use that pin.
By Pddy95
@theonewithin Gpio Mini or dxcontroller I mean.

So if I wire one of the unused arduino Pins to the proto area or an external Board I could use them, when I define the function in tunerstudio? Ground something between x rpm and y rpm if coolant temp is above z as example?
By dazq
Pddy95 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:41 pm @theonewithin Gpio Mini or dxcontroller I mean.

So if I wire one of the unused arduino Pins to the proto area or an external Board I could use them, when I define the function in tunerstudio? Ground something between x rpm and y rpm if coolant temp is above z as example?
The gpio firmware runs on a separate mrga2560 to the speeduino firmware.
They can be linked together via serial3
There is a custom ini for TS for gpio that lets you configure what you want to switch and when.

At the moment speeduino does not have universal outputs itself ( coming soon though)

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?