Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By iron_steel
Hello everybody,
I'm starting my first project with speeduino now.
the engine is a G16B of a Suzuki Baleno 1.6l 16v.
I need help with the various steps for wiring, I hope you can help me.
I would start with the most important sensor, Crank sensor!
I would like to use the original parts (gear and sensor), I attach the photos of the gear.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aQkon ... _nA1sE2d0O
The sensor has only two wires (I suppose it's VR type), the suzuki specifications give a voltage from 0 to 1v on the two pins of the sensor, so I suppose that the sinusoid signal goes from -1 to 1v.

Do you think it is possible to use original suzuki ring nut and sensor with speeduino?

Thanks
By iron_steel
alternatively I could also replace the gear of the distribution with one of a Vitara (Sidekick), a comparison between the two gears in the photo below.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CTD_dr ... sp=sharing
what do you recommend?
my engine also has this CAM sensor,
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zNdLO ... soUcMynUmi
please can you help me understand how to use them with Speeduino?

thank you so much
By theonewithin
Stock crank trigger pattern...

Hard no. (Pretty certain. Check the wiki)

That other pattern.

Maybe but would require cam signal.

And stock cam trigger no good for that. Would need to cut off a tooth.

Or on that alternat crank wheel remove a tooth to make it 6-1.
By iron_steel
theonewithin wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:24 am Stock crank trigger pattern...

Hard no. (Pretty certain. Check the wiki)

That other pattern.

Maybe but would require cam signal.

And stock cam trigger no good for that. Would need to cut off a tooth.

Or on that alternat crank wheel remove a tooth to make it 6-1.
Hi, thanks for the reply.
Checking the wiki, I think the original cranck pattern looks like a Subaru 36-2-2-2, what do you think?

I think the original CAM is a 4-2 pattern? wouldn't it be possible to use it?

Thanks for your help
F.
By JHolland
There are a number of different crank and cam sensors fitted to these engines, have you checked what you have?
I haven't checked the taper but it may be possible to fit the 36-2-2-2 crank pulley from the US model 1.3 Swift, I will check that.
I remember when I did a G16 into an SJ413 I redrilled the pulley so maye the taper was wrong.
By JHolland
JHolland wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:39 am There are a number of different crank and cam sensors fitted to these engines, have you checked what you have? that does look like the 36-2-2-2 on the right, what model was that fitted to?
By iron_steel
JHolland wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:50 am
JHolland wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:39 am There are a number of different crank and cam sensors fitted to these engines, have you checked what you have? that does look like the 36-2-2-2 on the right, what model was that fitted to?
Hi, the crank gear on the right, looking like a 36-2-2-2, is exactly the one that mounts my engine.
I will try to mount the gear on an electric motor and test what the sensor reads, maybe I will understand better if I am on the right way.
Thank you very much for helping.
By JHolland
Is your engine the later engine with the coil packs on the cam cover? what market was it built for? I did a lot of work with the stock ECU years ago but never touched the cam/crank code - it was all done by a timing processor unit with a peculiar assembly language.
By fins
I built a frankenengine from a G13 bottom end from a Samurai (G13A) modified heavily and the 16v head from G16B (this one was from a Vitara 1.6). I didn't have any of the original sensors or ECU. I turned a flat on the cam pulley and mounted a 60-2 wheel on the front with some spacers. I made an optical timing system from a photointerruptor. It worked, but I wouldn't recommend it. The next iteration for me will be will be switching the camshaft to one with a distributor gear and mounting up a locked out Samurai distributor with a similar optical solution. In hindsight, I would have gone this route first. Requires less butchering!

I have a ~5 camshaft in the shop for variations on the G16, it may be possible to change just the part where the cam timing wheel is to a distributor gear and then take the same aproach. I'll check when I can return to the workshop!
Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Doesn't look like you can edit posts? Correct. […]

BMW E23 M30B28

Don't forget, you can always fall-back to the &[…]

The basetunes were on so old version that they did[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?