Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
Hi there, I'm new. Yesterday I've read Speeduino pdf manual. I have become enthusiast about it and want to build one. I'm after fuel efficiency at cruise speed and a enrichened WOT switch. I want a wideband sensor. Car is Nissan Sr20DE, mechanical, also a Nissan Ga16DE, mechanical.

I have three questions.

a. I am unable to find pcb parts list. Pdf manual page 103 mentions 'See above mentioned BoM for parts list'. What am I missing here? I couldn't find it.

b. My narrow band oxygen sensor died on me. It is a 1 volt platinum three wire. I would like to buy a cheap universal one, I found them as low as $10, but would any given one volt platinum oxygen sensor that fits the hole do?

c. I learned that the pcb has room for a 40 wire IDE cable. I learned I better buy a DuPont one. But I would like to be able to put stock ecu back in to the car. How do you connect your Speeduino to your car? Best option for me is to get the female connector stock ecu has. Is that a realistic goal?
A. The bom is in the download package from GitHub

B. You say you wanted a wideband? It will be very hard to tune with a narrowband O2 especially a non heated variety that you describe.

C. Yes you can wire the idc 40 to your oem ECU connector, many do exactly that even using the OEM case too
Yes thank you for your answer.

I plan to get the ecu working first with stock oxygen and airflow sensor. Those will both be new. Here I won't attempt to change settings since I have learned that is not possible .

That is no problem I hope? If the Speeduino just will work properly and no HP gains or less fuel consumption, I am ok with.

Then when I gain more understanding since it is not simple matter I will install a wideband so that I can control AFR.

But my stock oxygen sensor is three wire and I am told a wideband is five wire? Is that correct? Also I may use a stock mass airflow?
richardwbb wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:29 pm
c. I learned that the pcb has room for a 40 wire IDE cable. I learned I better buy a DuPont one. But I would like to be able to put stock ecu back in to the car. How do you connect your Speeduino to your car? Best option for me is to get the female connector stock ecu has. Is that a realistic goal?
The two most common methods are to A) connect the IDC wires into the stock harness through side-splicing (mid-wire solder-splicing or using temporary splice connectors). This leaves the OEM connector still hanging for swapping ECMs if desired. B) Connect the IDC40 wires to an OEM ECM connector (either directly ("whip") or through an adapter board), allowing it to plug directly into the stock harness connector. As @dazq said, you can even use the original case sometimes, and some members (e.g., @evo-lucian) have videos of various connector adaptations and methods.
richardwbb wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:05 pm
I plan to get the ecu working first with stock oxygen and airflow sensor. …
As others said, the stock NBO2 sensor is not designed to sense accurately outside of stoichiometric Lambda. NBO2 is more like a rich/lean switch. You want to tune with non-stroich AFRs, so that sensor is not suitable.

Speeduino would not use the stock airflow sensor (AFM), but rather an on-board MAP sensor. You do not have to delete the AFM, but it is not doing anything with Speeduino. If the AFM includes other sensors, those may be used or alternatives used.
richardwbb wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:05 pmThen when I gain more understanding since it is not simple matter I will install a wideband so that I can control AFR.
Only from experience — it is the other way-around for new tuners. Gaining understanding is much easier with a WBO2. Once concepts are understood, you could attempt to tune with a NBO2 or no O2 sensor at all, as a skill challenge. ;) As the WBO2 sensor will screw right into the old sensor hole, there is no involved installation. Reverting to the old setup will means simply swapping sensors again, or some controllers have a second NBO2 signal output, or a switchable signal for either WBO2 or NBO2 output. We are suggesting WBO2 not because it's "cool" or everybody has one; but for your best chance of success in your project goals.

David
Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Doesn't look like you can edit posts? Correct. […]

BMW E23 M30B28

Don't forget, you can always fall-back to the &[…]

The basetunes were on so old version that they did[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?