Anything not specifically related to the Speeduino hardware. Eg sensors, bluetooth, displays etc
By stum
Hi, Answers to above,

Yes Realdash will be initiating and decoding the data from serial 3. I just need to work out the XLM file to preform this task.

I was only using softwareserial to configure the HC-06 module so I could connect it to speedie. and found the limitation of the speed when I tried to talk to it after setting the high speed.

dazq - thanks for the points 3 and 5, these should help as I get further into it. And 6, yes have worked out I will need a custom file for the comms.

Looking into the Realdash XML file it looks quite good, with the ability to request an "A" or "r" and then format the response into the fields. Another cool thing I have noticed you can change the update rates (well skip x loops between requests) of the different values. RPM you might do every loop, but coolant temp every 10.....

But as dazq has mentioned if pulling more that 5-6 values full speed. "A" looks a better option and pick the eyes out.

Thanks again.
By stum
Time for an update.

I have scratched my head on this for a while. And was thinking of changing the code on serial 3 (mega) to give it some basic ODB2 functionality. After reading other peoples success I have connected my blue tooth module to serial0.

And reconfigure Realdash to Megasquirt, give it a speeduino.ino file. And bang it talks and gives data. And even updates, suck or blow on the MAP sensor and it changes. Magic.

No other changes needed. latest code just works with newly added "a" command like Megasquirt.

The only got you I found was you need to power the speeduino board with a separate power supply, not a PC USB port (this slowed my down for 30 minuets) . I used a Powered USB hub. Was not hard.

Yet to test on the real truck. Still got a few power wires to sort. As the what I thought was right is not. Hence power from the IDC40 connector.

Thanks to the ones before me, and the latest code (firmware).

download/file.php?mode=view&id=5970
Attachments
20191008_191725.jpg
20191008_191725.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 5670 times
By dazq
Well done !
Just out of interest for future if you ever changed approach.
With the addition of my gpio std firmware on a second mega attached to serial3 you could have an OBD2 type canbus port that responds to std OBD2 requests from a code reader etc .
By stum
I have not had this on a running engine yet....... on the list.....

I understand that there have been some code updates to both speedie and realdash that now allows this functionality on serial 3 (which is what I stared off doing) this is great as it allows for both tunerstudio and realdash to operate at same time.

Now back to your question.

Pritty well all the engine sensors:
Water Temp
MAP
TPS
IAT
O2
RPM
Spark advance
Duty cycle

And from table:
G Force
Speed (GPS)

So more than enough. its been a while.

Here is a link to the old Speeduino on line manual and serial 3. and their positions.
https://speeduino.com/wiki/index.php/Se ... _interface

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?