For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By filipesbp
JHolland wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:24 am You need a fixed reference for angle, the spark angle will vary considerably, the knock window should be fixed.
For that it is necessary to sniff input of the ECU, Adding an MAX9924 IC in parallel to the existent MAX9926 should not give many problems because the MAX has high impedance inputs.

Is there something that I'm not recalling? Ideas?
By filipesbp
I have been checking the what exists professionally to get an idea how that system works and it seems that Plex Knock Monitor is a very good equipment, but they don't use at least a fixed window which makes it easier to design.

Manual: https://www.plex-tuning.com/instruction ... _V2.0.html

What is the problem if not use a fixed window?
I see only if you don't tune the car on the dyno with too much timing advance the cylinder pressure will skyrocketing because it is too much near the TDC.
By NickZ
filipesbp wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:13 pm I have been checking the what exists professionally to get an idea how that system works and it seems that Plex Knock Monitor is a very good equipment, but they don't use at least a fixed window which makes it easier to design.

Manual: https://www.plex-tuning.com/instruction ... _V2.0.html

What is the problem if not use a fixed window?
I see only if you don't tune the car on the dyno with too much timing advance the cylinder pressure will skyrocketing because it is too much near the TDC.
the problem with not being in the fixed window is it will be sensing knock all the time, there are lots of noises in the engine, this is why it hard to do and isn't really very efficient. OEM knock sensing is made for that engine only, they spend years developing it as each model of engine has a different frequency.
If you want to tune on a dyno most of them will have ANALOG (headphones) Listening for Knock and is more accurate than the electronic version.
By filipesbp
I've started the schematics, planing this way:
  • Knock: TIP8101
  • External Supply: LM2940CT-5.0
  • Visual Output: LED's bar and a medium current output(light)
  • RPM input: opamp protected

Need ideas how to connect the headphones without tampering with the knock signal to the TPIC..

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?