For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By ecnerettee
Thansk janithdh..

I have now stumble upon an issue.. I wasn't able to start my car,

So some background info, I completed soldering one unit of this ECU somewhere about half a year ago and finally had the chance to use it today. I have a car cranking but no start issue. Looking at toothlogger, nothing is reported. I'm running a M20b27 (a m20b23 stroker engine) with Motronic 1.3 originally, 60-2 wheel.

Initially I tried with the stock OEM cps with VR conditioner. I suspected maybe my soldering for the VR conditioner was bad as the MAX9926 is really challenging, so I tried on the cps from a M50tub25 I had lying around. As far as i understand it's a hall sensor, so i promptly soldered all the necessary SJs. However, I still have nothing on my toothlogger. I'm baffled, frustrated but I am keen to see this work. Hope anyone can help.
By PSIG
This appears to be a basic diagnostic situation. Does the sensor produce a signal, when powered and cranking, at the sensor? If yes, is the signal also found at the Mega processor? If no, test between the two points to find the signal loss. If good signal is found all the way to the processor, it is likely a settings or board issue.
By ecnerettee
PSIG wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:58 pm This appears to be a basic diagnostic situation. Does the sensor produce a signal, when powered and cranking, at the sensor? If yes, is the signal also found at the Mega processor? If no, test between the two points to find the signal loss. If good signal is found all the way to the processor, it is likely a settings or board issue.
Thanks PSIG! I've managed to sort it out some help from Amil and a few friends. I wasn't able to log any signal, so what happened was I figured either my Arduino was bad or the VR Conditioner that I soldered was bad (I am not confident in my soldering skills for 0603 footprint). So Amil mentioned m52 is a hall sensor, and I figured if I go with a hall sensor I would be able to eliminate bad soldering of the VR Conditioner in the equation. At the same time I thought I'd just replace the arduino as well. And voila! It fired and started!

Am now looking forward to obtaining a wideband to ease myself into tuning. One thing I am still quite confused is how should I decide the squirts per cycle?

Currently I am running 2 channels, batch injection. Squirts per cycle is 6. engine seems to run a tad bit smoother than 2. What is the correct squirts per cycle here?

If i were to go to semi-sequential, what should be the proper squirts per cycle?

As for injector staging, it's alternating.
Last edited by ecnerettee on Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
By PSIG
Squirts per-cycle simply allows for one injection (or more) per-cylinder, per-cycle, for most-even fuel distribution. Optimally, the injections distribute fuel with same-timing across all cylinders.

Most commonly today this is accomplished with sequential fueling, though there are many fueling schemes and double-shot sequential is popular (injection twice per cycle) to take advantage of additional vaporization. That's the equivalent of 2-squirt paired. ;) Other OEMs use injection after intake closing, to accomplish the same long-dwell advantages; but it is always evenly applied. We use multiple squirts to accomplish the same effects.

So, a horrible example is a 4-cyl with 1-channel simultaneous batch injection. One injection for all 4 cylinders, with relative timing of 0, 180, 360, and 540° from intake event. One cylinder sees best timing, and the others at various duration of fuel dwell, vaporization, etc. Very uneven. In this crappy example, 4-squirts simultaneous could provide every cylinder with identical fuel timing, each of them dwelling fuel in the port for equal vaporization, etc.

As you have found, the largest battle is simply getting the fuel in there however you can. There are small improvements from multiple squirts or from sequential, and why sequential is not the holy grail some like to think it is. If your project can see important gains (economy, emissions, etc), then go for it. Get it if you can (or multi-squirt equivalent), but don't stress-out if the gains are not worth the effort. That is your judgment, based on your project goals.

I hope that helps with concept, and you can devise appropriate squirts and timing for whatever you're working on.
By ecnerettee
AHhh i see! That makes a lot of sense! Thanks! It's all mostly experimental, learning and for fun during my free time as a hobby. Can't wait for Amil to release the sequential injection boards. Would love to try that out later on.

Thanks again! :D
By hamjayahk
For M40 users, do we need to swap the injector wiring since the stock wiring for the injector is 1-3 and 2-4, not 1-4 and 2-3 which is common for Speeduino Configurations? Im planning on using K24 coils, wasted spark with ch1 goes to coil 1-4 and ch2 goes to coil 2-3, thanks for the help

It's actually a pretty rudimentary unit from what […]

Sorry, i just realized one thing: The 25 degrees […]

Hi y'all, I want to add a new 3-D table for Inj[…]

Yes as mentioned its 114 degrees, most older (rece[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?