i have designed a speeduino compatible pcb for Motronic 55 pin ecus that used in m40,m20,m30 and s38
still working on the bom and documentation but feel free to add you thoughts
- PNP for the stock engine harness and will work with stock ignition coil and bank injection.
- external connectors to run 6 individual ignition coils and 6 injectors in semi-sequential mode.
- able to use hall type or vr type CAS (for vr sensor external conditioner required)
- hall type Cam sensor input on cylinder ID connector (remove or disconnect the cylinder ID sensor from the stock harness before starting the car)
- able to run fully sequential fuel and ignition on 4 cyl
-ac idle up (pin D53 on tunerstudio)
-Clutch input active high or active low (solder the components on the area labeled as active clutch HIGH or low)
all the other functions are same as pazi88's m52 pcb.
** Please note dont solder component on both active high and active low clutch inputs.solder the component according to the clutch switch that you use.
*added female connectors part numbers to the BOM
*added proto area to the board.
* updated the pcb to v1.5 with fixes to the D9 Diode
*Update the pcb to 1.6 with fixes to the analog inputs
*added external map input via airflow sensor wires (Ground wire shared with IAT Ground,GR/GE-map input,GR/WS-5V)
*updated the pcb to v1.7 with more io to proto area, move the SJ3 to more sensible location and added serial3 interface header.
*TPS Wiring ---- BR/SW - TPS signal
BR/BL - 5V
easyEDA Project link
Gerber File V1.7
** All the previous versions before V1.6 PCB had a major error on the analog inputs side. to fix it remove R46,R49,R52,R55 and add jumper wires in place to R44,R47,R50 and R53 and add 2.49 resistors between R50 and R53 to 5V.
Thanks Pazi for the fix
*if you have previous versions before V1.5 remove the D9 diode and solder it between pin18 and pin36 on the *Backside of the PCB* with white ring pointing pin18