For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By Bonflesher
I already set 1k))) must be removed.
I want to say thank you to pazzi for answering my questions) today I started the engine for the first time, on the hall sensor from m52, though sometimes there are synchronization failures, and 500 rpm is too low. And the lead angle jumps from 0 to -4, do I need check marks with a strobe?
By pazi88
Got reports about trigger problems using this PCB design and the base tunes so I did some investigation now when I got my new scope. All did work nicely with simulated signal, so I got OEM 60-2 trigger wheel mounted to dremel and used the OEM vr-sensor from car to find problems in my bench setup.

First discovery was that the VR-sensor wire colors were mixed in actual wiring harness compared to wiring diagram. Well lets see how the tooh logger looks like:

Yeah. The VR-sensor wires are opposite how they are marked in the wiring diagrams. Luckily this can be fixed by swapping the trigger edge from Falling to Rising:

Verified this in car also that had m50nv engine. So I have made that change for the base tunes. Haven't yet verified in other supported engines, but if someone want's to check, just check how tooth logger looks.

But still after that change I got random sync losses in my bench setup at high RPM when using the real trigger wheel and VR-sensor. But well. It seemed to be caused by the C25 cap. Even with the 4.7nF one the signal looked pretty much like this at higher RPM:

Well it works, but it looks like that if the trigger wheel vibrates, the first tooth after the missing teeth tends to get lower amplitude than others. Which causes the pulse from that to be shorter and at high RPM the slow rise combined to short pulse can cause the first tooth not to be detected. I did see that couple of times, but didn't get pic of that. But after replacing the c25 with 1nF cap, the square wave shape gets much better even at higher RPM. Not sure if this was the final test, but this is how it looked like with 1nF cap even close to RPM limiter.

In that you can at least see the first tooth amplitude being lower and the pulse shorter. With the 1nF cap and the trigger edge change I could run the bench setup for hours without sync losses when there was no trigger filter in use.

Ignore the high number of the sync losses. It was just me messing with my trigger wheel setup. I think that was about one hour long run without any sync losses. Previously there was like 10-15 sync losses in that time period when running at higher RPM.

I did also run ignition stress tests and didn't find problems. Or well, runnign constant high RPM with high like 4ms dwell can heat up the ecu too much. Same as in m52. But There isn't much that can be done that. But even 1.5ms dwells should be well enough for the stock coils, so there is no reason to run really high dwell.
Video:
By muuris
Awesome work from pazi88 again 8-)

I also found by swapping the wiring pins I got rid of ~98 % of the sync losses my M50nv had earlier. Got to change the C25 as well.

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?