For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By theonewithin
insitu_az wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:31 pm Hi Nick,
I have a couple questions...
Will this board be replacing the hardware in your Mega 3.5 controller?
I have an SR20det S14 engine in my Datsun 1600. Have you tried your controller on an SR, if so, were there any issues controlling VVT or converting to MAP?

Thanks
You should really start a new thread but the Nissan 360 decoder wheel if used by that engine is a work in progress

If you want to help test it then a Speeduino will be fine

If you want to actually be confident it will all work then either you need a different trigger pattern or go for some other ECU.

MAP conversion is easy. The MAF isn't used at all.

https://speeduino.com/wiki/index.php/Decoders
By insitu_az
Hi,
Thanks for the feedback. I was asking about his experience with VVT and MAP conversion, since the SR20det is a popular engine in Australia.
I am planning a bottom end rebuild on my engine this coming summer with I-beam rods and forged pistons, and need to find a replacement for the OEM engine controller then ( I am turning up boost, larger injectors, etc). I am liking the Speeduno over other available DIY controllers.
As far as the optical wheel goes, I have a standard missing tooth wheel that I will use with the new controller.
By theonewithin
Popular in Aus?

Not so much now really...

They are starting to get rarer now due to age.

If you are asking about something specific with doing your engine you are best to start a new thread.

But there is nothing difficult about what you are asking. You just do it. Not ready sure what you mean by conversion though.
By Chase Kinney
NickZ wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:15 am Speeduino STM32F407 Board.
So not to hijack another thread.
runs both speeduino and Rusefi with no modification and supports RusEFI ETB, 9 analog, 12 High current, 8 ignitions etc.
just received the 2nd version and assembling it.
Ill update more soon.
20191130_110508.jpg
20191130_110515.jpg
youll have to keep me posted on how this plays out, defiantly have my attention and im interested in purchasing one if you ever decide to get a couple out in circulation for further in the field type of tests on it :)
By treborjm87
Hi Nick!

How’s it coming with the STM32f407 Pro ECU? I saw your video with this ECU Running the V8 in your Ute. Full sequential for ignition and injection?

I still have an unused Teensy 3.5 8x8 ECU (with Vegamite, Lol!) that I’ve been waiting to install… but, right now, I’m a bit more interested in getting this ECU instead of running the Teensy.

Any updates on when you’ll be looking to produce this?

</EDIT> just saw your website in the comments… checking it out!

Thanks Nick!

Treb
By punisher454
Treb,
Its available,I have one of the pro-stm32 units that I bought in the first half of 2021. Its a real nice unit.
It has a 2pc extruded aluminum case with 3D printed end plates. The quality of the board looks real good.
Have not run it on an engine yet (will very soon) but on my desktop it tests fine. I just uploaded latest 202202 firmware (from Nick's site) and its working great.
I was especially surprised to see that the data-rate for the TunerStudio interface when set to max, is working at over 200hz (sitting on my desk).
He sends the plugs and terminals for the 2 connectors with it.
I'd buy it again.
Marvin
By treborjm87
Marvin,

Thank you for the input!

Because I’m not an expert on the speeduino, by any means… do I need to get VR conditioners to run LS cam and crank sensors? I cannot find a positive answer on the inter-webs.

Thanks Again!

Treb
By punisher454
Personally id go ahead and get the vr conditioner, even though you don't need it with hall sensors (LS use hall sensors). What if you want to use the Speeduino on something else later that has VR sensor(s)?
You can select to use the conditioner or not.
When I build a retrofit EFI system on something I always try to use hall sensors rather than VR sensors if I can.

Also, just FYI, when you are looking at a crank or cam sensor just look at the number of pins. 3 pins for hall sensors and 2 for VR. At least that's how it is with the mostly GM stuff I mess with.
Sounds like you may be planing to use a pro-stm32 on an LS engine? Mine's going on a SBC right now, but Its getting swapped for an LQ4 6.0l later, and I'll probably be getting another for a big block chevy powered project too.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?