For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
I have a Speeduino v0.4.3c board and I want to use pazi88 sequential injection, I am thinking to add a second PCB with all injector drivers for sequential, what you guys think of this:
[*] Looked for a SMD version of the STP62NS04Z I thing it STB60NF06LT4 should work.
[*] Liked the idea of megasquirt to add a current limiter for driver protection, and makes the driver harder to heat and destroy the pcb.

Is there some visible reason for this not work?
Updated Schematic:

3D view:

Changed the footprint of the resistors, for the case if is not wanted to mount the over current protection:

Now i am going to order the components to be sure that the footprins are correct..
I see where you are trying to go with this, but I have questions.
  • What is the scenario that you anticipate current limiting could be required?
  • Is the over-current mistaken or planned, and if so should it be addressed elsewhere?
  • Using a 4A driver but outputting it through a 3k resistor appears counter-productive to the intent?
  • On that theme, a driver output resistor is typically very low value, and only enough to prevent harmonics or "ringing". Why are your ohms so high?
Thanks for your responses, as I am interested in your concepts, but do not fully follow them.

David
[*]]What is the scenario that you anticipate current limiting could be required?
[*]Is the over-current mistaken or planned, and if so should it be addressed elsewhere?

I have friends with drift cars with custom installations, half original half changed to meet some purpose and they understand very little about electronics, so for me the idea is: if there is a mistake the injector driver does not burn, it happens to one friend of mine that he changed the injectors but forget to check if they was HI or LOW impedance, burning one output. but overall is a protected output for common mistakes that should not occur but....

[*]Using a 4A driver but outputting it through a 3k resistor appears counter-productive to the intent?
[*]On that theme, a driver output resistor is typically very low value, and only enough to prevent harmonics or "ringing". Why are your ohms so high?

STB60NF06LT4 = 60A Driver, and the resistor ir 0.05 Ohm the image is a little bit small?

Makes sense to you?
filipesbp wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:52 pm STB60NF06LT4 = 60A Driver, and the resistor ir 0.05 Ohm the image is a little bit small?
Confusion of terms. :? The MOSFET driver (IXDN604) output resistor (e.g., R7) is very high resistance. Typically around 8 to 18 ohms per design sheets. Just curious why so high. You don't need a driver with a 1K gate resistor. Or if you want faster switching with a driver, using a lower resistance is typical to allow higher current. This isn't a circuit or PCB issue, only component, but would affect circuit performance substantially. Your call and easily changed in any case.
PSIG wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:20 pm
filipesbp wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:52 pm STB60NF06LT4 = 60A Driver, and the resistor ir 0.05 Ohm the image is a little bit small?
Confusion of terms. :? The MOSFET driver (IXDN604) output resistor (e.g., R7) is very high resistance. Typically around 8 to 18 ohms per design sheets. Just curious why so high. You don't need a driver with a 1K gate resistor. Or if you want faster switching with a driver, using a lower resistance is typical to allow higher current. This isn't a circuit or PCB issue, only component, but would affect circuit performance substantially. Your call and easily changed in any case.
I have made o Copy/Past from Speeduino Schematic, that uses the 1k resistor to the Gate pin plus the 100k resistor do GND, I have checked the Megasquirt circuit that use a driver like this and they use a 22R resistor to the Gate and no resistor to GND. So, a better design has you are saying is use a lower resistor and probably the resistor of 100k can be omitted too..

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

don't load your old tune in case it is corrupted[…]

Yes, totally wrong setting. Slight noise in TPS ca[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?