For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By dazq
Piotr wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:45 pm Any one know why in tunerstudio only 4 outputs are active?
Whose firmware?
If mine what is your configuration? Eg gearbox type etc? Gearbox type is the main one in my firmware, that defines what inputs and outputs are needed and only activates those.
DxControl Gears gear_mini_v1.000. I edited configuration setting and I add 8hp70 to "GEARBOX_TYPE" and I select it in tunerstudio. How to activate all 8 outputs and is it possible run 3 outputs at the same time?
I know 8hp70 have 9 solenoid but I want run lockup on separate switch.
By dazq
Piotr wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:26 pm DxControl Gears gear_mini_v1.000. I edited configuration setting and I add 8hp70 to "GEARBOX_TYPE" and I select it in tunerstudio. How to activate all 8 outputs and is it possible run 3 outputs at the same time?
You should use the latest version (v2002).
Did you add the gearbox to utils.ino? that s is where you activate(set to 1) the outputs that are in use and configure the shift pattern.shift pattern is just a decimal equivalent of the binary pattern of the solenoids that are in operation for that specific gear.
By dazq
Piotr wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:58 pm Maybe you can help me with this box? I need only paddle shifting mode.
All info is here.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... gCFXfMnRl2
Might I suggest you start your own thread discussing the implementation of this new gearbox rather than here which was for a board design?
dazq wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:12 pm My Gears firmware is manual shift only at the moment, it is still under development and will eventually have a fully auto mode, most demand is for a manual or semi auto shift option.
Just browsed through this thread. Good Stuff.

I've designed hardware (arduino) and software for a 4L80E controller currently running in my 77 Corvette (6.0 liter turbocharged LS). Happy to discuss automatic shifting strategies if you're interested. My automatic shifting uses load and MPH slopes to determine when to upshift, downshift and lockup. I understand you're not addressing 4L80E or 4L60E at this point, but I'm sure there's lots in common.
By PSIG
@dazq, @DblTrbl, @others - this thread is for a specific hardware board that uses a version of Gears for GPIO. I would ask that a GPIO or Gears primary thread be started for technical discussion of the code and various schemes. We have done much discussion here and especially on Slack for this in the past, and those can be consolidated into that development thread without hijacking or polluting this board thread. Or, I guess I could just start one. :lol:

[EDIT] :arrow: Done: ►Automatic Transmission Control - Development Please continue code theory, schemes, and control code development discussions there.

Rightfully, a forum sub-section for Transmission Control with subsets for dev and 3rd-party boards would be appropriate. This thread and the dev thread could then move there. Thoughts, anyone?

David
Piotr wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:26 pm DxControl Gears gear_mini_v1.000. I edited configuration setting and I add 8hp70 to "GEARBOX_TYPE" and I select it in tunerstudio. How to activate all 8 outputs and is it possible run 3 outputs at the same time?
Hi Piotr,

Did you successfully drive the 8HP ? I start to work on it and I search how to just use it with shifter

Thanks in advance,
Anthony

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?