For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By NickZ
20180210_120954.jpg
20180210_120954.jpg (325.35 KiB) Viewed 7192 times
Just finished this. use it for a PI Dash and run Tuner Studio and gauges.
a Raspberry Pi and a 7" screen makes a good dash for a car. But the Raspberry pi will corrupt the SD card if not shutdown correctly.
I know there are a few other versions available, but i thought id make my own.

connect to cars 12v it supplies the 5v for the Pi and has a connection to ACC or IGN on to turn on the Pi, when acc/ign is switched off the power supply sends a signal to the pi and runs the shutdown script, the supply has a 40 second delay before shutting down the power and the system is total disconnected so there is no power drain on the car.
By PSIG
Cool. 8-) What are the advantages over running MSDroid or TS on a 7" Bluetooth tablet? I'm currently using my phone or my $25 netbook/tablet with super-easy BT setup, but interested if using a Pi setup has interesting features.

David
By NickZ
I find the tablet is a little laggy/slow and laptop/netbook is just a pain.
A raspberry pi 3 and screen can be bought for under $100, Have plenty of speed to run tuner studio and autotune.
connecting the 2 with a usb cable as the dash is a more permanent solution also make it all more reliable.

for me this solution is easier.

There are a few others running the Pi Dash
By dazq
Would you mind releasing the circuit and PCB for this delay psu please?
By PSIG
Would running serial1 or serial3 direct to a tablet do as well? Looking for simple options, or substantial reason to have to "build" a system for a dash? If the only downside to Bluetooth is that it's lazy, then direct serial should cure that, no? Help me get a handle on it. I have a $25 imported 9" tablet that seems to work great, so looking for excuses to use something like this. ;)

David
By ttommyp
This is pretty cool. I've also seen other safe shut down modules, but I get the satisfaction of designing your own.
The auto boot/shutdown is what's making me lean towards building a pi dash, but that being said, has anyone ever configured a tablet/smart phone to auto boot and launch TS when it sees USB power?

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?