For anything related to the 'official' Speeduino boards (Eg v0.3, v0.4 etc)
By scartail
Hi all,

While I was fiddling around trying to get the inj leds to work, I blew C16 on v0.4.3.c board. Now I have some questions.

1. What is it's function? While searching the info on C16, some wrote that it was a "transient protection" and another referred to as a "filter cap."

2. Does it have to be a polarized cap? ref. https://cdn.hackaday.io/files/441318880 ... _schem.png I've read that a non-polarized cap can replace a polarized cap, but not the other way around. I can bastardized something a used cap from old electronics, and only have non-polarized caps.

3. Can I jump it? No cap... and have minimal risk?

Bottom line, I want to troubleshoot a little more before ordering parts; save on shipping and all. Instead of just buying the one damage component I see, and later find something else wrong.

Thanks in advance.
By Dagaz_Psi
Yes you can apply power to +12v to the power post on the speeduino. the cap is there to smooth out voltage spikes so if u are using just a battery there should not be an issue.
Hey guys,

I found some caps on amazon and was able to get power back to the board (v0.4.3). However, I'm faced with another problem.

I only get ~3.6v out of pin 3 of the voltage regulator (LM2940T-5.0). How should I interpret this? Is this a fault of the regulator itself or the components in the circuit? Here's a ref diagram. https://cdn.hackaday.io/files/441318880 ... _schem.png
By scartail
Dagaz_Psi wrote:Whats your voltage reading after the varisistor (14D220K) i think its named u2 on the board?
Dagaz_Psi, I get 14v. My 12vraw is 14v too. And at the regulator pin 1, I get 13.7v. What do you think?
By Dagaz_Psi
I had a board laying around so i desolderd cap16 and still had 5v. I also did some mesaruing on a new lm2940 5v and i got 8 volts out off that one without any caps or diodes.
can you desolder the ldo?
By scartail
Dagaz_Psi wrote:I had a board laying around so i desolderd cap16 and still had 5v. I also did some mesaruing on a new lm2940 5v and i got 8 volts out off that one without any caps or diodes.
can you desolder the ldo?
Do you mean remove lm2940? and test it out off board?

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?