Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By maisdc
Broke4speed wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:23 pm My issues are solved. It was DEFINITELY my fault, and not the firmware. Whew! :)
How did you solve it? Share the solution, which could help others who may also have the same symptom.
By Wanted
SpartanSv wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:16 am
Fatman wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:10 pm Hello, I am absolutely loving Speeduino so far! I have been using a speeduino 0.4.3c in my Clio 1.2 turbo for 6 months or so. Had to make my own fly by wire controller which is a bit crude but works well enough for me.
I have an issue with the new firmware, in that tuner studio does not want to connect to it at all.

I usually download the arduino code and upload it and then add the .ini file to the tuner studio project.
This time it came back that the firmware version on the arduino was SP (whatever that means) but I added the .ini file anyway
It then failed the communications test and point blank refused to connect once the project was opened.
I tried this again with the same results and also re downloaded the firmware just in case. Also re installed tuner studio

I then decided to try using speedyloader, used the .ini file it downloaded. The results are largely the same except I noticed tuner studio looked like
it was trying to connect and failing (the progress bar came up and froze). I also noticed the
injectors buzzing away. I suspect that for whatever reason serial comms were being made and broken rapidly and the arduino was resetting continuously. After this I tried many things including creating a project from scratch, restarting the computer a few times also there were no further attempts made by tuner studio to connect.

After this I gave up and re uploaded 202002 which works flawlessly.
I have talked to my friend who says he has updated 2 cars with no issues..
So really I am at a bit of a loss with how to attack this next.
I should also say, this us using USB not bluetooth.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Regards,
James
I think I'm having exactly the same issue. Rolled back to the old firmware for now.

Anyone have any thoughts?
I've had exactly the same issue here -My hardware is an Elegoo Mega2560R3 with the MEGA16U2 serial chip. I've tried it both on and off the Speeduino (0.4.3c) board.

Weirdly it was working ok on firmware 05/2020 then while I was plugged in on the car it stopped recognising it at all and the fuel pump was constantly on and the IAC was buzzing loudly and all the injector channels are locked on. I reflashed 05/2020 many times on two different computers but no luck. I tried completely wiping the Arduino by writing as blank program from the Arduino IDE and reflashing 05/2020 firmware and both in tuner studio and via terminal the firmware check either doesn't get a response or it just gives "Sp". After all this I flashed to 02/2020 and it's all fine and recognised no problem.

I've spoken to a friend of mine and he mentioned that there was a major Windows update issued in June including aspects of USB communication so it's possible there's something funny going on with that but it doesn't seem to be an isolated issue or a hardware failure as such and seems to be specifically related to the 05/2020 firmware.
By turtana
i had some troubles with 05 code too, well not found out what is the cause.
it cut´s out serial and will not connect "invalid data received"
if you try and unplug the usb it will shut down engine until you power of completely.

so from the ini at row ~3779 i changed, ochGetCommand = "r\$tsCanId\x30%2o%2c"
to ochGetCommand = "A"

and now it won´t get stuck and read fps got up from 6 to 20fps with BT connection. i don´need can options so no problem on that.
By curtis12321
[quote="turtana"and now it won´t get stuck and read fps got up from 6 to 20fps with BT connection. i don´need can options so no problem on that.[/quote]

I have been trying to get my datalog sample rate up, is this what your referring to? I have only been able to get 6-8hz and Would like to get at least double that.
By Wanted
turtana wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:20 am i had some troubles with 05 code too, well not found out what is the cause.
it cut´s out serial and will not connect "invalid data received"
if you try and unplug the usb it will shut down engine until you power of completely.

so from the ini at row ~3779 i changed, ochGetCommand = "r\$tsCanId\x30%2o%2c"
to ochGetCommand = "A"

and now it won´t get stuck and read fps got up from 6 to 20fps with BT connection. i don´need can options so no problem on that.
This is really interesting - but I'm curious what these two different lines actually do?
Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Doesn't look like you can edit posts? Correct. […]

BMW E23 M30B28

Don't forget, you can always fall-back to the &[…]

The basetunes were on so old version that they did[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?