Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By fins
Thaniel wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:31 am
Looking In the speeduino program it appears that sensing the sensors happens at a specific frequency which means that between signaling idle up and the program knowing that is wanted there will be a small delay. Then likely a small delay before it actually takes action (Don’t know how big as I’ve not measured the delay yet, but will try).
The idle stuff runs in the 4Hz loop, so ~0.25 sec max delay
By Thaniel
Thanks everyone for the help. I think the programming side is sorted out now. Appears to work nicely on my bench setup.
Now to adjust the wiring and program on the car and give it a test. Sadly for A/C testing it will require warmer weather.

Sorry for being slow on this. I only work on it for a little time on the weekend.
dazq wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:40 pm The auxin setup info can be found in the wiki.
At the moment the data can only be seen in TS or logged by TS.
I have begun the aux output side of things (which is in the firmware already) but it is work in progress as of now.
It would be very easy for you to use the auxin data to trigger an output pin if you wanted , the data is held in a current status struct variable for each input channel.
Thanks for the tip. Setting it up in Tuner studio is pretty straight forward (I still find that really cool). I wasn't clear that I was looking for was the correct variable it uses in the arduino code. The variable currentStatus.canin[0] for Aux input 0 appears to be the correct one. At least it is working :-)
I have been thinking tweak AC to speeduino. AC is not just idle up. In NB miata there is few things what you like to have.

- AC input pin
- AC compressor output pin
- Second Fan output pin

Basically when you push AC button it will check is engine temperature in right. Too high it dose not start AC. If it's ok it can start AC. Here we can put small delay so IDLE is ready to start AC. Then we have that second Fan. We can get temperature setting for that like 10 degrees more than first Fan.
For IDLE safe we can drop AC off if idle is too low and all other features what is needed.
Hello expert guys!

I have the same problem with my car's digital AC and would like help with the following questions:
1) How to use an auxiliary input in the TS for the AC central request signal?
2) How to configure the high level output required by the AC central to start the compressor?
3) How to make the Speeduino compensate for idle speed when the AC central requests it?

I need a step by step on how to configure these resources because I didn't find anything about it on the Wiki or the forum.

Thanks everybody.
By dazq
wassis67 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:46 pm Hello expert guys!

I have the same problem with my car's digital AC and would like help with the following questions:
2) How to configure the high level output required by the AC central to start the compressor?
3) How to make the Speeduino compensate for idle speed when the AC central requests it?

I need a step by step on how to configure these resources because I didn't find anything about it on the Wiki or the forum.

Thanks everybody.
There is no AC request feature in speedy, nor can the aux inputs be used to trigger an output.
There is an idle up feature , the pin is selectable with default according to board type.
dazq wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:03 pm
wassis67 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:46 pm Hello expert guys!

Thanks everybody.
There is no AC request feature in speedy, nor can the aux inputs be used to trigger an output.
There is an idle up feature , the pin is selectable with default according to board type.
Thanks for the answer Dazaq, but then tell me how to do this basic idle up feature configuration for the AC in Speeduino and TS because I couldn't find anything about it. My board is V.0.4.3b.
By dazq
Can you please stop double posting the same question!!!!!!!!!!!

We have answered your question!

THERE IS NO AC IDLE INPUT!!!!

There is an idle up option which can be configured in tunerstudio ( see the image below for where in the menu it is)
Attachments
pwm_menu.png
pwm_menu.png (21.85 KiB) Viewed 6989 times
good morning folks I'm mounting an opel with speeduino a 4.3c plate and I would like to turn on the air conditioning A / C the outlet for the compressor is configurable but which wire do I use for the button input that is on the panel ???

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?