Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By smechoor
Hi y'all,

I want to add a new 3-D table for Injection end angle. I am doing this so I can tune the end of injection for Throttle body injection for an odd-fire V-Twin engine. Is it possible to add a new table via tunerstudio? Are there any resources that would provide some information about this? Do you have any other suggestions on how to achieve this?
By smechoor
LPG2CV wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:49 pm I thought speedy could do that!
Currently I think you can only set one injection end angle for each cylinder (in the "injector characteristics" window). I want to have a table (like the spark advance table) so it can be tuned for specific speed and load conditions.
By smechoor
LPG2CV wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:56 pm So variable end injection time, rather than fixed.

Not that I can help, by what advantage would it give?
I am using throttle body injection for an odd-fire V-Twin engine. So, the end injection time is critical to make sure all the injected fuel reaches the target cylinder for the target stroke. For example, if the fuel is injected too early for cyl.2, it may be stolen by Cyl. 1. Also, if it is injected too late, all that fuel may not reach cyl.2 before it's inlet valve closes. There are also delays in fuel delivery due to wall wetting etc. Due to all this, the AFR for each cylinder is highly affected by the injection end time
By smechoor
smechoor wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:24 pm
LPG2CV wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:56 pm So variable end injection time, rather than fixed.

Not that I can help, by what advantage would it give?
I am using throttle body injection for an odd-fire V-Twin engine. So, the end injection time is critical to make sure all the injected fuel reaches the target cylinder for the target stroke. For example, if the fuel is injected too early for cyl.2, it may be stolen by Cyl. 1. Also, if it is injected too late, all that fuel may not reach cyl.2 before it's inlet valve closes. There are also delays in fuel delivery due to wall wetting etc. Due to all this, the AFR for each cylinder is highly affected by the injection end time. The optimal injection end time varies according too the speed & load.
By theonewithin
This would require a lot of firmware work not just "adding a table to TS".

Your first port of call would be poking through the existing firmware and then asking specific questions from there.

Or even joining the developer channel on Slack.
By smechoor
theonewithin wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:22 pm This would require a lot of firmware work not just "adding a table to TS".

Your first port of call would be poking through the existing firmware and then asking specific questions from there.

I have already made changes to the injection timing calculations in the current firmware to change the way Injection end and start angles are calculated. Now I need a way to specify different EOI (end of injection) for different speed-load conditions through tunerstudio. Thanks for reminding me about the slack chat. Will check that out
By ric355
smechoor wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:51 pm
theonewithin wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:22 pm This would require a lot of firmware work not just "adding a table to TS".

I have already made changes to the injection timing calculations in the current firmware to change the way Injection end and start angles are calculated. Now I need a way to specify different EOI (end of injection) for different speed-load conditions through tunerstudio. Thanks for reminding me about the slack chat. Will check that out
The answer to the specific question you asked in the beginning is 'yes, you can add new tables'.

As for resources, there really aren't any because the data format of the ini file is not published anywhere. What I normally do when I add stuff is to look at how something similar has been implemented and duplicate it. A non-exhaustive and highly generic list of things you will have to do is;

- add the new items to a config page (these are near the top of the ini file)
- add the items to a dialog (for a new table you will probably also create a new dialog and add it to a menu)
- ensure the firmware has been updated for the additional config page items (new fields in the structures)
- add code to use the new dataset
- you might also want to add new datalog items. If doing this, care must be taken to ensure the data structure definitions match between ini file and firmware.
By noisymime
Variable injection timing is something I've had in mind for adding for a long while now, but I'm not 100% sure of the best approach. From what I have seen, the timing primarily needs to change based on RPM, meaning you could get away with a 2D curve, which is considerably easier to add and easier to tune.

Is the timing control you need definitely varying based on load as well as RPM (and hence needs a 3D table)?

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?