Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By Vexatus
Hi Guys,

how about this board:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32827402179.html
?

It's a ZG version. Meaning it has a bit more ports (less important) but also the 1MB flash. I haven't found similar one with the VG version (same number of pins, but 1MB flash. Using the 1MB flash chip would make a board compatible with both Speeduino and RusEFI. How about that? Is that a lot of effort to make the STM32f407VE software run on theh STM32f407ZG chip?

Best regards
Greg
By PabloMuro
Hi, it's very cool that you porting speeduino to stm32, but I'm getting a few erros during the compilation to STM32F407VET6, like "src/board_stm32_generic.h:14:24: fatal error: Fram.h: No such file or directory". Can you help-me to compile to STM32, I can help you on some problems like serial flash etc... I have speeduino mega 2560 working flawlessly on my VW Polo 1998.
Thanks! Let's make a high performance ECU.
By Tjeerd
Vexatus wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:30 am Hi Guys,

how about this board:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32827402179.html
That is also an option. I think it would not be very difficult software wise. The biggest issue is that it is not pin compatible with the "other" black version of the board. I have both versions here and for now i focus on the STM32F407VE for an SMD hardware board that works.
By Tjeerd
PabloMuro wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:15 pm Hi, it's very cool that you porting speeduino to stm32, but I'm getting a few erros during the compilation to STM32F407VET6, like "src/board_stm32_generic.h:14:24: fatal error: Fram.h: No such file or directory". Can you help-me to compile to STM32, I can help you on some problems like serial flash etc... I have speeduino mega 2560 working flawlessly on my VW Polo 1998.
Hi PabloMuro nice you are interested! I am no where near a working implementations of hardware yet so be patient :-D. The summer is over so i hope to put some time in this project again. I see the timer modifications made its way into the ST stm32duino core! That is good news for the development.

I must say i get the same error as you do with the most recent version of the speeduino code base. I will check and see if i can fix this. I think it has something to do with the Preprocessor macros are not making a distinction between the STM32duino core of rogerclark stm32duino and the ST stm32duino core.
By Tjeerd
Hi All

I have been trying to get my development environment working again. During development of the timers en battery backed sram i used the ST-Link V2 clone to flash the STM32F407 in my software. I could not use the USB port for anything as the usb port told me the "USB enumeration failed"

The PCB of the black STM32F407VET6 boards have a hardware design flaw! I noticed a 1.5k pull up resistor [R21] to the 3.3 volt in the schematic. This enumerates the device on the USB port before the device is booted and can respond to the host (computer). The stm32F4 have this resistor in the MCU itself so no need for an external one. So to get the USB working remove the R21 resistor from the board. Now USB works! (Also USB serial just like the arduino mega)

Now if you use the arduino IDE with STM32duino core and the install the STM32CubeProgrammer software
https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/pr ... eprog.html
You can download the speeduino firmware to the STM32F407 black

1. putting the jumper BT0 on position 1 (slide it to the 3.3volt rail) .
3. Plug the device in an USB port
4. Reset the device.
5. Arduino IDE select Board: GENERIC STM32F4 series
6. Arduino IDE select Board part number: "BLACK F407VE"
7. Arduino IDE select Programmer: "STM32CubeProgrammer DFU"
8. Press upload

Ow and first debug the compiling errors. But that is something for tomorrow.
By NickZ
I have built hardware and have ran other firmware on it, but i can't get speeduino to compile without errors.
20190914_175036.jpg
20190914_175036.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 12103 times
By Tjeerd
NickZ wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:40 pm I have built hardware and have ran other firmware on it, but i can't get speeduino to compile without errors.
Nice Board! I see no battery? That unfortunately means the current version i am working on will not work for you (yet). The battery backed sram does not store a tune without a battery.

The good news is that the black eBay boards battery is not to shabby. The board still remembers my tune. That is more than a year of lying on my desk without power and still the original battery.

On another note, tonight i tried to get again to the point where i left off a couple of months ago. Not there yet but close.
By NickZ
not sure i understand, why are you needing a battery to keep the tune?
What im currently working with has no trouble without a battery.
By PabloMuro
NickZ wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:40 pm I have built hardware and have ran other firmware on it, but i can't get speeduino to compile without errors.
20190914_175036.jpg
Nice hardware!
By PabloMuro
Tjeerd wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:13 pm
PabloMuro wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:15 pm Hi, it's very cool that you porting speeduino to stm32, but I'm getting a few erros during the compilation to STM32F407VET6, like "src/board_stm32_generic.h:14:24: fatal error: Fram.h: No such file or directory". Can you help-me to compile to STM32, I can help you on some problems like serial flash etc... I have speeduino mega 2560 working flawlessly on my VW Polo 1998.
Hi PabloMuro nice you are interested! I am no where near a working implementations of hardware yet so be patient :-D. The summer is over so i hope to put some time in this project again. I see the timer modifications made its way into the ST stm32duino core! That is good news for the development.

I must say i get the same error as you do with the most recent version of the speeduino code base. I will check and see if i can fix this. I think it has something to do with the Preprocessor macros are not making a distinction between the STM32duino core of rogerclark stm32duino and the ST stm32duino core.
Thanks for reply, I'm thinking on make my own board with STM32F407VET6 almost like this image. What you think?
Attachments
Captura de Tela (100).png
Captura de Tela (100).png (46.38 KiB) Viewed 12044 times

Thank you. Ill try as soon as I can. These setti[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

cps.PNG With the crank at TDC, rotation is clo[…]

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?