Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
Tjeerd wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:24 pm I am targeting the black_stm32F407VE boards from ebay. These already have the battery for backup sram/RTC and a 16Mbit spi eeprom onboard.
Ha! We're really duplicating efforts I suspect. :D
By Tjeerd
So i have something that seems to work on a bench setup, i made a PR to incorporate it into the firmware. noisymime must decide if he want to incorporate it like this because i made a couple of changes that will probably break the current STM32duino (rogerclarkmelbourne) and STM32GENERIC core versions. I personally think that the ST stm32duino core is the way to go. It maybe not the most efficient one, but at least it is backed/supported by a company. Hopefully my PR on there timers is accepted so speeduino can be build against an official core for the stm32.

I did some more work on improving the STM32 incorporation (like port types/pin masks are 16/32bit on the stm32 and 8bit on the AVR). Next step is hopefully make some hardware for it. But at this rate that will take another couple of months.

If you want to test the implementation make sure the second trigger (CAM) is not floating. I spend all weekend trying to find a timing problem that was actually because of a floating CAM input.
By NickZ
is there a 5v tolerant MCU version? i'm itching for a new hardware project. But i like to built with processor on board .
By noisymime
Tjeerd wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:45 pm I personally think that the ST stm32duino core is the way to go. It maybe not the most efficient one, but at least it is backed/supported by a company. Hopefully my PR on there timers is accepted so speeduino can be build against an official core for the stm32.
I agree 100%, but unfortunately there are a few things I really don't like about the official core as it stands right now. There's a number of areas they either don't support at all (Eg flash as EEPROM, though I'm moving away from this anyway) or they have implemented in a very simplistic way.

That said, long term the official core really is the one that we should be targeting as it will have the best support. They just need time to get there. For now, I think it means trying to figure out what is best in the short term and whether it's best to work with another core or try and workaround the shortcomings of the official one.
By noisymime
In terms of hardware, I have a few irons in the fire here already, but if anyone is interested in collaborating, please do reach out via PM or Slack :D
By dazq
I made up a adaptor board from proto board to plug a black board into the teensy adaptor for test purposes.depending on pin setup I could test with that?
Be interested to see what you have done Josh?
By dazq
I used the smaller version of that board but has same mcu onboard.
Iirc this is the board that noisymime is using for code development on stm32

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?